Introducing Ourselves

DonnaMc

Hi fellow campers!!

I've just found this wonderful forum. My husband and I toured Europe last year for 6 months in a camper. we stayed in sights because ...well to be honest I'm a big feartie!!

However now we're home and want to sample weekends here and there and i'd quite like to try out wild camping. Can you offer any security advice. We have a dog (a boxer) he's always with us and we have a guard dog sign in the window, we also bought a ratchet strap for the two cab doors. I've heard so many horror stories (albeit mostly about France and Spain). Does anyone ever arrange group camping, I'd feel alot more secure if there were other campers?

we're in Scotland by the way.

I look forward to any replies.

Donna

Hi Donna and croeso [we're in Wales]
we have wilded it in scoland evy year for the past 6 years and it is great. we've never had any problems.
security has bee covered many times so I suggest a search {top right corner]
basically look at a place beforehand and any skid marks avoid it-probable boy racer area
always park facing out for quick getaway if needed.
an make dog bark if anyone bothers you.
check out dunoon and hopefully see you there this summer

hi donna, i,m a feartie too but i,ve wild camped all over Scotland on my own and never had any problems. i,ve never had to resort to barking sounds or make a mad dash for it. sorry that,s not true , i've had to flee from the midges. i do follow my feel for a place if it doesn't feel good don,t stay.
we've got so many stunning locations , just enjoy. i,d agree with roi try Dunoon but if its when the cowal games are on take your ear plugs, you can get too many pipe bands in one place, irene

Thanks guys, will keep in mind about Dunoon, we spent our very first night in a camper in Lochgilphead which is over that way (so i'm told by hubby) again though that was in a site.

I'm going to go for it though, take a deep breath and relax.

I'll update the site if we stay anywhere worth mentioning.

Donna

Hi all
just found this forum
we are hoping to go fulltime in a few months
we might go to Scotland before going to Europe

Jan (Essex now) born in Scotland

hi misty, if you come back to Scotland in may/june , you might not make it to europe. remember those fabulous long days ,light until midnight.yes i do have my rose tinted specs on and there are no midges or dreich days, i wish.

Hi from the west side of Scotland. Security? for me a good wheelclamp....a very good installed alarm system...and on the front seat a 53 pound, extremely patient rough collie - with very large teeth.

Of course, you could be like my daughter and son in law in Oregon who were offered by the dealer, when they bought their motor home, a tripod mount for a shotgun to go immediately inside the entrance.

when they declined he replied "Crazy English"

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back