Intro

Ali-lou

Hi Everyone
Really pleased to join. We have had our motorhome for 3 years now. We have an Autosleeper Talisman and love it. We have managed quite a few trips away but are hoping to spend a lot more time away next year. This looks like a really helpful site.
Looking forward to being a member

Hi and welcome :)

Go abroad ( Europe ) if you get the chance, you`ll be amazed at the different attitude towards motorhomes over there compared to here in the UK o_O

Hi and welcome :)

Go abroad ( Europe ) if you get the chance, you`ll be amazed at the different attitude towards motorhomes over there compared to here in the UK
Thanks for the welcome
Other half is really keen to go abroad but I'm a bit nervous. Not too keen on driving on the other side of the road.

Thanks for the welcome
Other half is really keen to go abroad but I'm a bit nervous. Not too keen on driving on the other side of the road.
Driving in Europe is much easier than it is here. In France, for instance, the traffic levels are much lower than here, the road surfaces are superb and lack potholes, and drivers are way more considerate towards camping cars.

Two tips.

Remember B.I.G. - Bum In Gutter!

Turning onto a dual carriageway needs particular concentration. It's easy to choose the wrong carriageway if you're on auto pilot.

Overnight parking is a doddle and motorhome services are available everywhere.

Try it you'll have more fun than you can possibly imagine!

Hi and welcome from N Ireland, lots of places to wild/stop over here, Glenarm, and over the border/Donegal, kinigo bay.
glenarm 1.jpg
at the bay.png

Thank you for the welcome . It looks lovely would definitely like to visit Ireland .

Thanks for the welcome

There is no need to be nervous, as Canalsman says driving in Europe is much much easier than driving over here.

My advice is do it now whilst you are still healthy enough to do it, i promise you will not regret it.

The bigger cities can be busy but stay away from them and you`ll be fine and don`t try and do too much on the first trip.

You are a full member so make good use of the POI`s on here, download them to your prefered navigation device and off you jolly well go.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back