Internet when traveling Europe

That is not correct.

I have found that if you allow automatic network selection Orange may be the preferred roaming provider.

However manual network selection will often provide alternatives. In my experience the alternatives provide more bandwidth - Orange does seem poor ...

Thanks for that.Is that with Three? I did try manual selection with no success, but was only there 10 days as I was unwell and had to come home early.

Korky.

ii felt

I have just resigned with Vod for 20gb at £17.50 per month, inc unlimited calls and text
Previously I used a 12gb three payg sim in my mi fi
There are some good deals on Three contracts £20 for all you can eat, but I prefer Vod for coverage and all at 4G

I can recommend seller my memory

three data sim 24gb | eBay

three data sim 12gb | eBay
i felt cheeted twice, so voda got thee elbow, oh and no return thank you, keep your eyes open, for me not good, once ,, twice shy,pj

Chris, the other roaming partner in France with Three is Free and not SFR, unless things have changed since May this year :confused:

You may well be correct. On my most recent extended three-day tour I didn't have the opportunity to try!

Vodafone is definetely the way to go if you want just to use your uk data abroad without limit (like three). But we couldnt find a data sim only deal for our mifi with unlimited use. Looking at getting a monthly higher use 12 month contract for the home as well so £25 for 50gb, then when we are away we are not paying for the unused contract in uk. When in spain or portugal you can get a PAYG sim for data to top it up. Think it was 30gb, 30Euro for 30days, or 15euro for 15days.

Just be careful with the Vodafone Data only sims. They are not capped and if you go over the charges are steep. When you get it make sure you call them and have it capped so if you reach your 50gb limit it stops working. I installed one for a client in a router as a backup recently and they went over by 10gb and the charges were £195. Im disputing it but dont get caught out. They are supposed to notify you and there is a usage app but not if your using it in a router or your own mifi unit.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back