internet tyre prices

janeandbob

Hi, we went and had 4 tyres on the car today. We got them through a internet site.

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/

When we got there the chap said, they are a waste of time these web sites, I can do them cheaper.:rolleyes: Oh how much then, tap tap tap on the calculator, £25.00 cheaper for the 4 tyres, (£165) wow thats a first. :D

But our local tyre company, that we have used for many years on all our cars, said 4 tyres all inc was £286.00 .

Look on the Mytyres site. £190.00 all inc for the same tyres.:D they got the custom.

Now for the test, a few months ago, we had 4 Tyres on the Motorhome, we got them through :

http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/

So we said to mr anti tyres on the web man. I need some tyres on my camper,(a little fib like he was telling me);) can you give me a price, told him what tyres we had already fitted a few months ago, to be told he could not give me a price on those, as they are a new tyre out, and although they are on the web site, they are not in this country until the end of December. Well we were gob smacked, what do you make of that.:confused::D Bob.

Tyres

If you know your tyre size, type and wheel rims, try ebay, I got brand new on rims, one was £16 the other was £25, rarely do I need four tyres together even when I run a brand new car!

This made them ideal for those oversea journey extras!

I'll tell you about rip off tyre prices....
The cheapest rear i could get for my bike a couple of months ago was £150.00 and £20 for fitting it.
And they only last 4,500 miles.

Hi Jeff, I know what you mean about bike tyres, I had bikes years ago, the last being a Honda Goldwing, an old mans bike, but when I had Suzuki's and powed it they never lasted long.:eek:

Hi baloothebear, you put in your post code, and get your local tyre company,but as we were going to Ipswich we went to one there, it was Williams tyres, as I said my local one here, that I have used for many years, wanted to charge me £96.00 more. When I had my Camper Tyres done through tyreshopper web site, we had those done at Cambridge on route to Janes mums. Still I was happy with what I paid, and could have had cheaper tyres fitted, but I wanted the same as we had fitted 4 years ago, and are very pleased with them, I could have got away with having two, but in another 2 months we would have to go back again, so had them all done. Bob. :D

I have bought tyres off the web before and gone to national tyres to have them fitted same tyre same bloke fitting it same level of service £20 cheaper.
Also had a couple fitted at work by one company off the web same price appointment made to come and fit and great service at a lower price than the regular tyre fitting sheds.
Much more convenient than trawling round to find the lowest price just search google for cheap tyres and you can get your brand names sometimes cheaper than the so called budget brands.
Tony

Tyre prices

I'll tell you about rip off tyre prices....
The cheapest rear i could get for my bike a couple of months ago was £150.00 and £20 for fitting it.
And they only last 4,500 miles.

Dead right there Jeff bikers do get ripped off with tyre prices,manufacturers tell you it's down to the technology that goes into devolopment etc.One of the reasons i decided to give it up but never say never may one day get another bike,Andy.;)

Yep its a total con, but you haven't any choice because all the tyre manufacturers charge the same extortionate prices.
I get only slightly more miles out of the front, 6,500 mls, but even this tyre is £120.00 + £20 fitting.
So thats £310.00 a year just for 2 tryes.

Hi Graham, when you buy these from the web sites, they order them in, its a couple of days before you can have them fitted. When you buy from :

http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/

Thats the web site sales for National Tyres . Yes I always check the date on them, I had Michelin on the van, but as you never wear them out, we had Continental fitted this time, as they were £25 a Tyre cheaper, and I know tyres have moved on since the Michelin fitted as they were 6 years old, but with the Continental there is far less road noise.:D Bob.

:)I will save this Thread and reply in 5 or 6 years:D

Hi Graham only time will tell, so we will have to see, still you cant go far wrong with anything thats made in Germany. Bob.:D

I know that ANC, the Courier firm, used to reckon that Michelin van tyres gave them the best mileage

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back