International Travel

I did a few eat out to help out things with my Son, DIL & granddaughters whenever that was allowed and if I'm honest never felt at ease.
Whilst good news not sure I'll be hopping on a plane for some time to come despite recently looking into it and I certainly wouldn't want to be down the back with the poor unwashed :)

We`ve absolutely no plans to fly anywhere this year and as much as i hate to admit it i very much doubt we`ll get over the water to France either :(

I can see our vaccination program going well and restrictions lifting but i think it`ll be France`s slow progress that will hold us back :rolleyes:

I don’t think many countries will welcome international visitors till they have the majority of their population fully vaccinated, especially considering there is little evidence to suggest those who have been vaccinated cannot transmit the virus.
Here in France, the infection figures are still too high and vaccine rollout is very slow, but at least they are now allowing the AstraZeneca vaccine to be used for over 65’s.
There are increased restrictions on at least 20 departments and no sign of our curfew ending for at least another 6-8 weeks.
At least we are able to travel and, although we haven’t been out in the van, apart from filling up with gas, servicing and a Hab check, there are many motor homes travelling about and most aires are open.

As I have posted before
We would like to return to UK for a few months
Flying from Thailand ealy June Subject to most of the restrictions being lifted
ONLY use moho in uK and returning late september
We will be able to get the vaccination in UK So reurn to Thailand should be OK

Of course PCR tests before flying but no isolation or quarantine
We will not fly if quarantine is required and indeed if Thailand ( as seems likely) allows vaccinated travellers without quarantine

A real case of lastminute.com !!!

The relaxation of the rules will be good for those who want to fly for family reasons but really can't see many doing package holidays. Motorhoming might be a bit easier given that no contact when travelling and can be isolated in a site if own facilities. Ok if you are a loner, but many want to meet in groups which is potentially risky to all. We shall, no doubt, see!

Germany end of May, if rules allow. Not much planning needed, will either happen or it won't, don't care anymore.
Not as much planning needed for Germany, but coming from Thailand has a bit more implications....wouldn't want to be stuck in UK in a Motor Home for the winter, or in the quarantine hotels in Thailand which are very expensive and dodgy! Our son is in a similar position, wanting to be back to see grandmothers (90,88) for, probably, the last time since 2017. But can't make plans ( or apply for wife's visa). Hopefully it will get clarified, safer, and a bit easier, soon.

Not as much planning needed for Germany, but coming from Thailand has a bit more implications....wouldn't want to be stuck in UK in a Motor Home for the winter, or in the quarantine hotels in Thailand which are very expensive and dodgy! Our son is in a similar position, wanting to be back to see grandmothers (90,88) for, probably, the last time since 2017. But can't make plans ( or apply for wife's visa). Hopefully it will get clarified, safer, and a bit easier, soon.
yes Ruth..Our idea is dependent on Thailand allowing vaccinated people to enter without quarantine.
Not in place yet but the rumours are hopeful.
Thailand needs tourism to survive...We need Thailand for the winter !
I am very hopeful that the Thai government will change their protocols to allow
NOT booking anything until mid-May.
Arrival in UK without even self-isolation and motorhome travel in UK both need to be allowed as well.
So we need a "Triple Whammy"
PS if it does not happen due to risk of covid spreading then so be it

I did a few eat out to help out things with my Son, DIL & granddaughters whenever that was allowed and if I'm honest never felt at ease.
Whilst good news not sure I'll be hopping on a plane for some time to come despite recently looking into it and I certainly wouldn't want to be down the back with the poor unwashed :)
Conversely we did a lot of eat out to help out visits and I always felt much safer in these COVID secure environments than I did/do shopping in supermarkets.

As for hopping on a plane we have absolutely no plans to do this but would very much like to hurry back to Europe ASAP by ferry taking our motorhome with us!:)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back