Insurance for Morocco

RichardA

Free Member
Dear All,

I'm planning on going to Morocco but hadn't realised how difficult it would be to find an insurer who would provide temporary cover (my insurer, like most, doesn't cover Morocco)!

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Many thanks.

Richard Abrahams

Yes, even when we went in 2015 I needed to shop around to find cover. We insured with Aviva through Comfort, including breakdown. It was expensive but at least we were fully covered - comprehensive and breakdown. We knew in November 2014 that we were going in early 2015 so that was our insurance for the year. I think that you may be able to buy insurance on arrival but this is likely to be third party only - so far from ideal. Highly recommend Morocco so worth persevering with the insurance. Good luck.

These days I use an agent for all my insurance car, van house etc. I used to do it until about 30/35 years. I stopped doing it and shopped around myself when the comparison sites came out. These days though the agents I find cheaper and more human. I've emailed them twice mid year from abroad and they have swapped me underwriters so that I could visit Maroc (2016) and Albania, Bosnia and Serbia (2014) at surprisingly little cost.

The broker I used then is no more I use the Camping and Caravanning Club broker now. I did also had a back up through ADAC (that covers you everywhere short of the moon as standard for breakdown) sadly now longer available to us in the UK.

As has been said you can also buy 3rd party insurance at most borders.

Dear All,

I'm planning on going to Morocco but hadn't realised how difficult it would be to find an insurer who would provide temporary cover (my insurer, like most, doesn't cover Morocco)!

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Many thanks.

Richard Abrahams
You could try LV (Liverpool Victoria) apparently if you are ensured by them they will extend cover to Morocco. We tried for this year but will use them next year and hopefully go to Morocco then

You could try LV (Liverpool Victoria) apparently if you are ensured by them they will extend cover to Morocco. We tried for this year but will use them next year and hopefully go to Morocco then
I went through AIB who insured me with a subsidiary of LV ,cann’t remember the name offhand

Thanks everyone for responses. And Sue Paskins had the answer I went for (I discovered this before you responded Sue!).

LV cover campervans and are about the same price as everyone else. (I've had my car with them for many years and when I had to make a claim about 3 years ago it was easy and seamless!) They also offer 'Green Card' cover for Morocco. And it cost only £45 for 6 weeks. The cover is the same level as anywhere else - but sadly no breakdown.

Richard

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back