Instant pot?

We have one but only use it on campsite electric. We use the WonderBag if WC.

We have one but only use it on campsite electric. We use the WonderBag if WC.
I'd be tempted but wouldn't be allowed to use it, I guess :(
" The Wonderbag is a simple but revolutionary non-electric slow cooker developed for women cooking over open fires"

you'd think in the #metoo world, companies should be a bit less sexist?

Last edited:
All this talk of cooking... !

Had a quick peek at your blog, James is looking really well and has put weight on since we saw you at Henley in Arden couple years ago, so must definitely be cooking and eating well, Keep up the good work! (y) ;):cool:

Anyone using something like this 12v slow cooker that plugs into a cigar socket https://www.amazon.co.uk/Quest-3526...qid=1597502818&sprefix=12v+slow+cooker&sr=8-2
Slow Cookers are ideal for a Camper/Motorhome with Solar and wildcamping.

Ref the one above ... I cannot see any reference to it being powered by 12V?
a reply to a question from someone got this response ...
The plug type is a standard UK 3 pin plug.
By Tara - Benross Marketing Ltd Manufacturer on 13 May 2020

Funny that I was search 12v slow cookers, sorry for the bum link, there are 12v versions to be had though. Search for RoadPro 12v slow cooker, not many in the U.K. showing up, time you do P&P importing from the US it’s going to be over £40.
If it’s any consolation The OP was looking at Using his inverter supply so that One linked at 120w is only a 0.5A load though...

Funny that I was search 12v slow cookers, sorry for the bum link, there are 12v versions to be had though. Search for RoadPro 12v slow cooker, not many in the U.K. showing up, time you do P&P importing from the US it’s going to be over £40.
If it’s any consolation The OP was looking at Using his inverter supply so that One linked at 120w is only a 0.5A load though...
The Instant Pot is one of these Multi-purpose all-on one type devices and does actually incorporate a slow-cooker function already :)
I've got a similar one but haven't managed to wean myself off using my Crockpot yet for slow cooking!

I'd be tempted but wouldn't be allowed to use it, I guess :(
" The Wonderbag is a simple but revolutionary non-electric slow cooker developed for women cooking over open fires"

you'd think in the #metoo world, companies should be a bit less sexist?
..but its aimed at open fire cooking which generally means developing countries which pretty much means women cooking. Did 6 months in Southern Africa never once saw a chap aid cooking. We toured in a BMW 2002 (model not year) which I basically bought cos the number plate had 666 on it, immaturity at its finest :LOL:

...after further thought though you are right as they are re enforcing that the task is gender specific rather than promoting task sharing :unsure:

(y)

All this talk of cooking... !

Had a quick peek at your blog, James is looking really well and has put weight on since we saw you at Henley in Arden couple years ago, so must definitely be cooking and eating well, Keep up the good work! (y) ;):cool:
We’ve both gained weight: his is medical a result of hormone treatment for prostate cancer. Mine is greed ... eating out too much in Greece and then baking during lockdown!!!

Ref this ....
Currently we have on board both a slow cooker and a large pressure cooker. This is on top of all my other kitchen gadgets such as a Remoska, electric whisk, wand blender et cetera. I am looking to try and reduce the number to gadgets to save some space.

Lots of people are raving about instant pots and it would replace both the slow cooker and the pressure cooker.

We are really on EHU so would be running it off the inverter. I see that instant pot ultra has a 6 quart one which one is it 1000 W. Our inverter is 12,000 W.

Questions:

Has anyone used one in their motorhome?

Would our inverter be large enough to run this?

Many thanks
Katherine

and this ....
I have an "instant pot" type device with the intention of using it in the camper.
Not done so yet but I will have a go with it and see how much power it uses compared to the quoted power.

Think it is the Pressure King as in this link - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pressure-PKP5LCH-Electric-Cooker-Stainless/dp/B01FW8CFAM/ref=sr_1_3?
Chose it due to the very positive feedback :)

Finally got round to using it for a slow cook yesterday instead of my Crock Pot, and connected a Wattmeter to it to check the power use.
The Pressure King Pro I have is a 700W model, and when used on a slow cooker function, it has a similar action to the typical Induction hob - it alternates between full power (just over 3A on 240AC, so 60A on 12V DC) and off to give an average power out.
The slow cook was set for 5.5 Hours and used 520W of power in that time - so call it an average of 100Wh/Hr.
I would think a more powerful all-in-one may cycle on/off the same, with less time on the full power bit. But will have the same overall power consumption (as the end requirement is the same)

The typical 100Ah Lead Acid Battery has a total capacity of 1200Wh, so a usable (don't take it below 50%) of 600Wh. So if you had just the one battery like that, a slow cook meal would essentially use up all your available battery power :(
On the flip slide, if you had a reasonable Solar installation, you could find you can make a slow cook dinner using spare solar energy that could otherwise go to waste :D

I have 2 pressure king pro pressure cookers, a 5 litre we have in the caravan, 6 litre at home, they are brilliant, you can cook a stew for example in 30 minutes and keep it warm for 24 hours, they use very little electricity and although we have just installed solar panels we have used it using a leisure battery and had tv and lights on.

As for recipe books you can download free instant recipe books which work with all pressure cookers.

I have 2 pressure king pro pressure cookers, a 5 litre we have in the caravan, 6 litre at home, they are brilliant, you can cook a stew for example in 30 minutes and keep it warm for 24 hours, they use very little electricity and although we have just installed solar panels we have used it using a leisure battery and had tv and lights on.

As for recipe books you can download free instant recipe books which work with all pressure cookers.
If you have a specific one you would recommend a link would be great :)

This kind of cooking is great with a Solar setup where often there is no room for any solar in the battery so super for using Free power during the day and a meal ready for when you return back from a day out :D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back