information sought

ducatobuild

Hi Guys
I currently drive a Motability lease vehicle which is due to be returned in May, I would like to replace it with a suitable camper van probably a VW or Mazda sort of sized 2+ berth model either new or good quality second-hand, must be diesel and must have a pop top and eisberg type diesel driven heating other than that we are not to fussy about it other than it has to be small enough to drive as our car also, as the intention is to do away with the Motability car and have a camper that we use as our car and camper and a whole host of other things also,[hopefully].
Therefore we have a few questions for you as follows.
1/ Has anyone found a dealer willing to supply such vehicles on Motability or has anyone got such a vehicle using the Motability component of their DLA to pay for it, if so from where or how ???
2/ Does anyone know of any companies or individuals who can supply modular removable camping units for the more popular ranges of MPV e.g. Scenic, Picasso, Zafria etc etc as a fall back if no suitable converted camper can be sought as I am returning an 05 plate Grand Scenic which is a Motability lease vehicle and there are many such sized vehicles obtainable on the scheme.
We love getting away but due to not having worked for quite sometime due to my disablements I am not able to obtain mainstream credit to purchase a suitable vehicle therefore am exploring other routes into ownership, as with growing tax, fuel and insurance costs it would make sense to only have one vehicle.
Any and all information would be greatly received if you have made units for your MPV do you have plans, specs etc that you would like to share or have you got a vehicle using your Dla Motability component if so from where we are willing to travel the length and breath of the Uk for a suitable vehicle.
Many thanks look forward to any and all replies will be answered
Dougie and Von

Zero VAT

Lazydays in Shropshire offer motorhomes with Zero Vat for the disabled, and possibly motorbility,
A serious piece of advice!!!!!
I would check with the vat man before signing on the white line as it is your responsibility and NOT the dealers to make a declaration that you are disabled to the criteria for Zero rated VAT.

Thanks guys

Thanks for your advice guys i'm checking in to the urls offered as we speak hopefully we will get a positive reply from someone somewhere sometime soon..
What bugs us is that the dealers are missing a trick here our money is gaurenteed where as someone working that they would give the finace to could potentially lose their jobs anytime we wont lose the money at least not untill my 80th birthday and i'm 44 now not a graet risk i wouldn't of thought...
As far as i am aware the vat issue is only for those in wheelchairs fortunately i'm not yet in need of one and hope to never need one, i would gladly however trade my issues for a fit and healthy life any day, i'm sure it is getting close to almost discriminating that we can not raise the credit needed anywhere, but i'm not a quitter by any means and watch this space i WILL get a dealer or whatever to supply us a van sometime soon why ? simple because i won't give in until i do...
[ a few facts my senic i'm returning in May has thus far cost us in excess of £7k which we get nothing back on so it has cost us that ammount paid on the dot each and every month no probs, it's a lot of money for a car for 3yrs is it not,? plus fuel, and then we are only allowed 60k in mileage better than the 45k a few years i suppose, whilst we can pick from 3000 odd cars in this manner from a volvo s40 to a scubby doo, some with very sizeable deposits there is still really nothing suitable for our needs, all we want is a camper so we can get away here and there and chaeply stay wherever we choose to go, is it really that much to ask ??]
Slanj
Dougie and Von

We are going to the camping and caravanning expo at the SECC next weekend maybe i will be able to convince a dealer face to face, i wont hold my braeth however given my research thus far

I think that you are right about the zero vat only for wheel chair users, however that did not stop the well known large dealer in Shropshire from offering me a vat free m/h if I could find any one in the family with a disability badge.:mad:
No matter how distant a relative and no matter what disability.:mad:
Luckily, I smelled a rat:eek::D:eek::D

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back