I love gadgets!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 12539
  • Start date

Deleted member 12539

I recently purchased a remote control light switch for the 'van...
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
It took a month and a bit of asking for the wiring diagram from China, but I now have it so, if you are interested I can send you the information.

I have wired up a 12v led light that is connected direct through a fuse to the leisure battery, and I am able to switch on the light in the 'van from our bedroom window. This means that during the night if I so wish ,I am able to light up the inside of the van, which, because of the light positioning, also lights up part of the garden!!!

Now that is a good idea and could be used as a cheap option to having remote control for the eber, providing you set it the night before, then a simple press of the button beofe you go out and you have a nice warm van. Cheaper than buying the eber timer control unit

Brilliant toy, ordered one to play.

Maybe remote TV power on/off much less current than standby power of TV

I recently purchased a remote control light switch for the 'van...
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
It took a month and a bit of asking for the wiring diagram from China, but I now have it so, if you are interested I can send you the information.

I have wired up a 12v led light that is connected direct through a fuse to the leisure battery, and I am able to switch on the light in the 'van from our bedroom window. This means that during the night if I so wish ,I am able to light up the inside of the van, which, because of the light positioning, also lights up part of the garden!!!

Last week I bought an LED battery version of one of these, reduced in Poundstretcher for about £4. I was very dubious about it and nearly didn't bother but it works a treat. I've got the zapper on the key ring with keys and can zap the light on from outside the Tranny, even with door closed. It's only 6 LEDs but it's enough to see clearly inside the van at night and it saves scrabbling round in the dark looking for the light switch. I haven't tried it from my bedroom window and will have to test what the max distance is, but for a cheap discount shop battery powered gadget, it's definitely worth £4. Although I did have to order a special size battery from Ebay which cost an extra pound or so. I think the full price was about £8, and I would consider buying another at full price for above my front door or to keep in the small white van.

wiring diagram

Just in case anyone needs the wiring instructions for this unit.

Remote switch wiring diagram 2.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back