I could hardly believe it - cost of a site

gasgas

Kingston Stacey Motorhome site. £30 a night in October to park on someone's gravel.
"Please note, there are NO toilet or shower facilities at this site"

Or you can go to Germany for an average of €0.50c a night including water and toilet disposal and swimming in the river.

Needless to say I'm not going to Kingston Stacey motorhome site, I'll just park somewhere I'll find on the app.
The pity of it is that there will be people who think that parking for a night at £30 is the going rate, and they will pay it. No wonder we have no tourists from Europe.

Kingston Stacey Motorhome site. £30 a night in October to park on someone's gravel.

Or you can go to Germany for an average of €0.50c a night including water and toilet disposal and swimming in the river.

Needless to say I'm not going to Kingston Stacey motorhome site, I'll just park somewhere I'll find on the app.
The pity of it is that there will be people who think that parking for a night at £30 is the going rate, and they will pay it. No wonder we have no tourists from Europe.
I've seen plenty of European Tourists with Motorhomes .
Last time I stayed at Lochore (£10 a night) there were lots of Rental Motorhomes driven by French and German folk turning up. The last German one was very nice... They were flying home the next day and restocked our larder from all the food they had bought and not opened :D Tuna, Mineral Water, Pasta, Olives ...

Didn't know you had to pay a campsite fee for swimming in a river in the UK? live and learn there, eh ;)

Did you mean Kingston Lacey national trust site in Dorset which is a national trust site and the £30 does include EHU I’m sure there are cheaper in the area.

This time of year it's worth searching out the bigger group sites like Haven, Park Dean etc. they are horrible but often cheap. Pitch up website lets you filter by price. I've been away since early July in the UK all across the summer holidays and have never paid anywhere near £30 a night. I have a twenty quid ceiling and I want hookup for that, a free bar and dancing girls. 😁

This time of year it's worth searching out the bigger group sites like Haven, Park Dean etc. they are horrible but often cheap. Pitch up website lets you filter by price. I've been away since early July in the UK all across the summer holidays and have never paid anywhere near £30 a night. I have a twenty quid ceiling and I want hookup for that, a free bar and dancing girls. 😁
being an IT bod, do they have to do laptop dancing?

We've stayed at the haven park in Filey out of school holidays for £11 a night with electric and passes for entertainment venues we just used it as a base didn't venture into club house but could have if we wanted to

+1 for Haven out of season, but KIln Park, Tenby. Great for walks on the beach, into town or round the headland.
Wouldn't go near the place in season, of course.

Haven Parks, keep away from them they are crap, worse than Blackpool and Morecambe combined.
I'd rather go to haven Filey than Blackpool or Morecambe 😭 but only out of season we stayed a night in Blackpool last summer it was horrendous quickly moved to Lytham

Just looked at Kiln Park, seems like the minimum stay for a touring MH is 7 nights, according to their website. Anyone know any different?
Quite fancy 3 nights there to have a look at surrounding area, but not sure about 7 nights!

Never known a minimum stay when we have booked . also take a look at the static caravan prices you can get some cracking deals were got a bronze caravan in November at Filey for £79 called hideaway deals doesn't come with passes but we don't need them

Back