Hymer Tramp 574 rectifier failure

jiiihym

I run a 99 Hymer \tramp 574 and have recently noticed that, when linked to a 240v source, the power plugs work fine but the living area lights still appear to be pulling their power from the leisure battery. The gauges show charging whilst the engine is running but it only remains on 0 when on 240v and shows a discharge when the lights are on, even with the 240v source connected. Is there an easy way to check if the recifier has died or am I committed to £250+ outlay. The model is an Electroblock ELB4-105

Hi there jiiihym

It does sound like your charging unit has failed! I think the way to check if it is charging from the 240v is if you have your 240v supply into the van and the charging unit is working you should be getting around 13v across the leisure battery terminals, the same as if it was charging when your engine was running... Firstly you need to check if there is a supply to the charger, as it may be fed from a different breaker off the 240v main consumer unit, then your sockets. There may also be a trip located on your charger, that may have tripped out it happend to me when I bought my 544 a-class and I found that the leisure batteries were not charging. Let me know if it not that and I'll have another think....:confused: But I'm sure that what it could be..

All the best Andy

I run a 99 Hymer \tramp 574 and have recently noticed that, when linked to a 240v source, the power plugs work fine but the living area lights still appear to be pulling their power from the leisure battery. The gauges show charging whilst the engine is running but it only remains on 0 when on 240v and shows a discharge when the lights are on, even with the 240v source connected. Is there an easy way to check if the recifier has died or am I committed to £250+ outlay. The model is an Electroblock ELB4-105
You may already have done this but just check all the fuses and connections on the elektroblok are good something may have jolted loose also have the battery checked maybe it is only holding a small charge enough for lights. I am pretty sure there is a fuse on the 240 in so check that first (on the elektroblok itself)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back