Hymer leccy window

BillyB666

I've got an 01 Hymer on a Fiat 2.8 - the drivers leccy window works very very intermittently. There's lots of clicking from under the dash then it wont work. They it suddenly illuminates & works for a bit. It's an A class not the standard Fiat cab door. Any help would be great- It's still under warranty at Newarks finest..... but to be honest the world will end before they manage to fix it properly

Cheers

lecci window

Bri, when I first bought my M/H, I had a similar fault. Lots of clicking and hesitation on n/s door window. Fiat attempted to fix it, but did,nt, so I sorted it myself. The clicking is the relay,s that lift & lower the glass, so they are attempting to do thier job. Have you tried to lubricate the slides as I did, because this sorted the prob for me.As a regular procedure,(once per month) I spray silicone on slides. This helps against the build up of road grime,if you don,t have silicone try furniture polish.

Cheers for that, I don't think that will be the end of it though as it just clicks away merrily as I drive - when I'll give it a blast though

Cheers

lecci window

Bri, can you gain access to the control relays? you may have a fault in one of them. Further to this, there could be contamination on the relay bases,ie; corrosion across contacts. This could create a circuit where you don,t want one.

I reckon so - they're just under the glove box by the sounds of it, I'll pull them out & clean them up - see how we go

Thanks again

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back