hymer headlights

flashingblade

hi there. does anyone know where i can source some new headlights for my hymer ( fiat if it makes a difference ). the current ones are right hand drive but the reflectors are corroded.

hi there. does anyone know where i can source some new headlights for my hymer ( fiat if it makes a difference ). the current ones are right hand drive but the reflectors are corroded.

I spotted a Talbot Express in a local scrapyard lately with headlights still on, do you think they will fit? (Same as Fiat Ducato).

BTW. Just prior to the MOT on my old Renault Traffic, I noticed the reflector corrosion in one of my headlights. I could,nt get hold of one so I carefully removed the lens and sprayed the reflector with chrome paint then replaced the lens using a clear mastic;), It did the trick:rolleyes::cool:

following the white lines in the dark !!!

i will have a closer look and see what make they are. they might have removable rears. if i can get away with plating them up, all the better. had a look at allgear and they are £89 (ouch). when it comes to mot time, i might have to bite the bullet but for now i will try to get round it. if they are the same as the scrappy ones, would be interested but they might be corroded too. cheers guys.

Yes, there's a few for sale on e-bay, but they're not so cheap these days (mind you what is!). I'd have a good look around the local scape yards first, or may-be the local paper does a section on commercial vehicle being broken. Not sure, but autotrader may be another place worth looking.

Hope you find some!! Andy

if they are the same as the scrappy ones, would be interested but they might be corroded too. cheers guys.

They dont corrode actually, as they are plastic, It,s just the chrome plate wears away leaving a brownish base colour that looks like rust through the lens;)

time not money

just had a good look at the lights. one is ok, the other slightly peeling. the problems i have are 1-the lights are yellow so need some new white bulbs and 2-looks like the adjusters are shot at so need to spend some time repairing them. all in the life of a bodger ! ha.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back