How to earn money on the road.

Work in IT. Remote support. Nobody knows where you are doing that or cares and it pays well. I'm pretty much retired now but still have a handful of cherry picked clients I do bits for now and again. Even now it generally pays the cost of a long trip away for maybe five months.

Best one I remember was working for a couple of hours with my feet in Lake Maggiore drinking cocktails and using the free Ti WiFi to remote into a system in the UK for a couple of hours. 😁 Beats picking grapes. 🤣

It used to be tricky in the early days though. I can remember riding about on the scooter with a usb directional antenna trying to find an SFR Fon hot spot on more than one occasion.

I used to make a few bob like this until I got so old my balls showed below my skirt, happy days :ROFLMAO:
IMG_1286.jpeg

Not actually working for cash but if you volunteer at festivals you get your ticket and camping free, especially if you can go early and help set up, a night or two free stop during the week and you could manage a whole summer, then buzz of to Spain for 3 months.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:161)

Heppy, st3v3, Robmac, RichardHelen262, runnach, colinm, CHAIRMAN, Jo001, exwindsurfer, izwozral, Fazerloz, AllanD, n brown, SquirrellCook, trevskoda, mistericeman, iampatman, oppy, andyjanet, ricc, 2cv, Trotter, Tonybvi, caledonia, davep10000, belbri, Obanboy666, adriahome, Tim120, Herbenny, mark61, Scotia, bartman, Charlynch, barryd, Debroos, Boris7, cornish hymer, jacquigem, campervanannie, Topmast, veggiehouse, wildebus, clarkpeacock, MartinFife, korky, mariesnowgoose, r4dent, saxonborg, Neckender, Wully, bmc, britcoms, Bat21, tribute11, Hamewilldaeme, Nabsim, Okta, peejay, Greengrass, Canalsman, TJBi, jann, Martin P, KarenHand99, UFO, guerdeval, Duetto 1999, landie50, mike w, 1807truckman, Caz, suneye, helmit, rambrose, Nesting Zombie, The Jacks, longtoedsloth, yeoblade, aross, Mandoman, Dom, RSD7a, V1nny, GeoffL, number14, ajb70, hamsterberg27, alcam, Alberto, Bigshug, Tezza33, myvanwy, HurricaneSmith, Zigisla, dvla3336, edina, Fisherman, merl, winks, NSY, tripper, Wooie1958, AdriaTwin, chrishunter, Bouydog, zzr1400tim, BOTCANU, 955itriple, ian-trish, tobym, Forcesixwindy, alan1958, Headlight, Drover, alwaysared, nitram, GeorgeS, Bazfitz, Fifer, Cass, popeye1958, davef, Polar Bear, Moonraker 2, trixie88, yogibear, robarnold, ewen, Budgie, TissyD, denmar, kevlakes, bellars, james1508, Steve and Julie, Rond, The Raptor, Alf, sludgesurfer, knowledgeseeker, Jmick, VandA, barrypat, topchook, Squeegee, Andys, roadroamer, Rod, GeorgeK, Stevenew, Pandaman2020, Alfie, Sgrockle, amcjam, Gaza1515, JQB, Bazza1509, Elfit, Rapido9, Tezzared,
Back