How do I sell my Motorhome

David & Ann

Though an Old Timer on WC, I am brand new on how to go about selling my Motorhome. Any advice on where to go to sell and how much it would cost. My MH is 19 years old with 37500 Kms and kept in top nick. Would appreciate your advice and tips. Thanks in advance.

Two members have sold there's on auto trader in the past 3 weeks.

For shear volume of views you still can't beat Ebay but then you have to be wary when actually selling it if you use that platform

I sold our last two elderly motor homes on eBay with no problems. Both buyers came to see them, then bought them with cash.
I wouldn’t have been happy with bank transfers unless I could confirm the money was in my account, sometimes that’s instant, sometimes it can take a while and that’s the point it becomes a risk if the buyers doesn’t want to hang around to confirm you have the money.
Cash can be a problem too with the risk of counterfeit notes. Just make sure you check them.
Cheques are a no no though.

E bay, facebook market place and gumtree, it will be gone within days, such a low mileage, did you ever go out. 😂

Why a new engine at such low miles, most engines will go round the clock 2/3 times these days, cert help to sell it.

Though an Old Timer on WC, I am brand new on how to go about selling my Motorhome. Any advice on where to go to sell and how much it would cost. My MH is 19 years old with 37500 Kms and kept in top nick. Would appreciate your advice and tips. Thanks in advance.
Use the motor home depot. https://www.motorhomedepot.com/ you can tell them what price you would like to achieve and let them get on with it. I have bought one and sold one with them and it was a good experience both times

Why a new engine at such low miles, most engines will go round the clock 2/3 times these days, cert help to sell it.
Had the garage do my cam belt, must have forgotten to tighten some parts up, engine siezed up on the German Austrian border,, had the engine rebuilt with 2 new pistons had the others ground and done a complete job only had 112500 kms on the clock then. Got lucky the garage paid up after threatening them with court action, but that is History, now I am getting weary after a lay up for over a year. The Mrs has packed in travelling so I got to keep up with her, going without her is no fun.

Try facebook market place as this is used by most folk with smart phones these days and its the one by choice, good luck.

I sold my camper on a local Facebook selling group. I listed it on lots of groups but had someone contact me within an hour and they bought it the next day. The ad was on autotrader for a week and I didn’t have any interest in it but it just depends on when the right person see the ad.
As Facebook is free I’d definitely go for that whatever you do - there are national motorhome selling groups so you can have a wide audience. Good luck selling it!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back