Hi there

Wintermute

Hi

On the cusp of buying a motorhome (don't own one yet, just a little igloo tent that it sorely underused) - probably something like a short wheelbase hightop vehicle of some sort (got my eye on one in particular)

Stopping by to check out the different things I might try if I DO get a motorhome, so I could well be looking for advice in the next couple of weeks!

Thanks

-Wintermute

Welcome to the WILDY,S. There are lots of people on this site who can give sound & helpfull advise, Just keep in touch, ask the questions and you will be surprised at the responce from all of us, Happy camping Wintermute,,,
Regards Nig.

Hi and welcome Wintermute, just ask away and you,ll get your answers;), better still ,why not join us on one of our meets (Bring ya tent) then you will get your answers in person:rolleyes::)

What area are you in? If you are in the south, I have heard that campers are selling for realy high prices just now, as are caravans. Paol.

What area are you in? If you are in the south, I have heard that campers are selling for realy high prices just now, as are caravans. Paol.

Hi

Lots of replies, nice busy forum!!

Thanks for all the welcomes guys - nice to see a thriving community, that really encourages me to want to get out there more!! Have to see if there are any meetings planned around Scotland soon then - really like the highlands but never actually camped up there despite living here for over 4 years already :(

I'm in Glasgow - campers do seem to be a tad on the high side. I will see if I can find a bargain though, what I'm really looking for is something mechanically sound but where the living compartment might be a little bit tired - I can get the bits to fit it out easily from work.

If there are no bargains to be had I'll just wait till the winter and buy one then, I'm in no rush. I've still got my little tent and 1 burner gas stove!!

Hi Wintermute, have you considered doing a self build? could buy a high roof minibus for £400-£500 then kit it out to how you want it, it's the only way we could afford to have a camper, sold all our tents( 5 of them) to help pay for the conversion :D

Hi Wintermute, have you considered doing a self build? could buy a high roof minibus for £400-£500 then kit it out to how you want it, it's the only way we could afford to have a camper, sold all our tents( 5 of them) to help pay for the conversion :D

I did think about it but I live in a flat - nowhere to store it while I was doing the conversion, and nowhere to store the donor bits.

Depending on how the prices go this could be back on the table though!!

JohnsCrossMotorHomes - thanks for those links, will make a bit of after dinner reading!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back