Heya peeps

suterman

Just wanted to post up a hello here, seems like a good forum to be a member of.

My wife and I have just bought a 1985 Bedford CF MURVI, its our first camper but we have always enjoyed camping in a tent up until now.

We are going to pick up our MURVI from near Cardiff tomorrow night and stop over at a farm campsite just north of Cardiff (A bit early for us to wild camp just yet) It will give us a chance to find our way round the vehicle a bit and drive back home in the daylight.

We are planning (or, more to the point, not planning) a trip to Europe this summer, we are taking three weeks and aiming for Croatia. I was googling aires when I found this site.

I'll post up a few pics of the van when we get back.

Welcome

Welcome to the wildys
hope van is Ok
enjoy the trip

weez
Tony

Welcome from another newbie, be interested to see the pics when you get them.

cheers,

I popped down last weekend to look at the van and it seemed in very good order, only 11300 miles on it. I think there are a few little things that need putting right and we will want to alter it a little to suit our needs but generally it looked great and not suffering with the problematic corrosion found on the CF.

Heres a little bit of info about myself and our new van. I am a Volvo guy (RWD only) , I have owned only Volvos for about the last five years, and spent 3 solid months last winter building my dream car, a Volvo 240 turbo (until now, considederd undoable by the majority of the RHD Volvo community... if only they had tried....) with uprated suspension, it's very fast, corners like a subaru and can carry a wardrobe. I fully intended to keep this car indefinately, slowly upgrading it as life went on.

One of the purposes of the 240T was to go touring round Europe, my wife and I have done this in the past in previous Volvos using tents and enjoyed it very much but we are no spring chickens and blowing up a double inflatable mattress everyday was taking its toll.

Until last week, this was a fact of life when the missus and I decided to get a camper and we spotted a clean, low miles Bedford CF2 on Ebay.

My wife and I both fell in love with it at first site and I went down to Barry to see it right away.

I had a quick look at the van and shook the guys hand.

Last night we went to pick it up. The more we learnt the more we liked it. Its got a gas fired indirect fan heater under the floor, a copper immersion tank hot water system, a nice 4 speaker cd/radio stereo with remote control, 2 sunroofs, a 2 ring hob and grill, a coolbox, a rock and roll sofa-bed, rotatimg captain seats and 2 litre 4 cyl engine and oh so easy to drive 3 speed autobox.

It cruises nicely at 50-60 mph returning 25mpg and is soooo easy to drive, I feel I could do 8 hrs in it non stop and not feel tired.

We picked it up yesterday at 7 pm and by 8 we were setting up at a campsite in the Brecon national park.

anyway on with the pics.......

DSC05108.jpg

DSC05112.jpg

This morning we had coffee and bacon sandwiches cooked on my meths stove.

DSC05116.jpg

Boot/storage
DSC05117.jpg

DSC05118.jpg

DSC05121.jpg

eightystacular dash.
DSC05125.jpg

DSC05127.jpg

Some kids nicked the MURVI badge off the front, I was thinking about making one that says BEDFWD

DSC05129.jpg

DSC05130.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back