Hey Guys

oldmick

I'm hoping there are a few old crocks on the forum,
maybe give me a few ideas. I'm retiring next year
and planning a big trip around Europe (after I've given
Blighty a good seeing to for three months or so).
Hired motorhomes in the past and I'll be doing that
from time to time throughout next year, get into
practice for the big trip when I plan to go wildcamping
most of the week, spend a couple of nights on a
campsite or B&B, kind of thing.

Wildcamping is the essence, I feel. I hope that, by the
time I'm ready to buy my own motorhome I'll have picked
your brains clean.

Welcome Mick

I'm hoping there are a few old crocks on the forum,
maybe give me a few ideas. I'm retiring next year
and planning a big trip around Europe (after I've given
Blighty a good seeing to for three months or so).
Hired motorhomes in the past and I'll be doing that
from time to time throughout next year, get into
practice for the big trip when I plan to go wildcamping
most of the week, spend a couple of nights on a
campsite or B&B, kind of thing.

Wildcamping is the essence, I feel. I hope that, by the
time I'm ready to buy my own motorhome I'll have picked
your brains clean.

I'm sure that there are a few old crocks on this site probably including myself!!! I'm sure that you will get a lot of advice from everyone as there is a lot of knowledgeable people on this site. Just hope you enjoy your hard earned rest / holiday.:)

hi, mick and welcome, you'll find plenty of good advice on this site
but how can you afford to "hire" a motorhome :eek:.
I could just afford to buy mine, but hire one! now thats out of my league!
:cool: :cool: sundown

Hi Mick.
Welcome, I'm sure you'll find loads of usefull info. on here. Have done a couple of Europe trips myself so am always willing to pass on what little I know, but there are many others on here with a lot more knowlege than I, whom you will find only too willing to help. Come and enjoy the friendly forum.

hi and welcome you will find plenty of good advice on here but as for hireing m/homes wow there expensive

welcome pal good idea to rent first there are some hire companys do try before you buy sceam.
Enjoy the site:D:D:D

Thanks for the friendly welcome all. I can just about manage hiring for a week at a time, which I regard as an investment, more than a leisure thing.
Shorten my learning curve for the real thing.

I actually retired early last year. Just waiting for Her Maj to sort out my state pension then I'll be outa here. Selling up, taking off, me and the dog. Granny flat (granddad flat?) at my son's to come back to, the motorhome will be my country house, private office, pied a terre, and holiday camp.

I'll be skint, but free.

Thanks for the friendly welcome all. I can just about manage hiring for a week at a time, which I regard as an investment, more than a leisure thing.

I actually retired early last year. Just waiting for Her Maj to sort out my state pension then I'll be outa here. Selling up, taking off, me and the dog. Granny flat (granddad flat?) at my son's to come back to, the motorhome will be my country house, private office, pied a terre, and holiday camp.

I'll be skint, but free.

All the best in finding your perfect match theres loads of different layouts makes and models which you are probably awear of. Happy hunting:D:D

I'll be skint, but free.

You sound like a very wise man to me. Too many p**ts out there (mainly of the loadsamoney brigade so no sympathy) who stumble into buying "cause they liked the colour". Take your time, give it a lot of thought and although you'll be a lucky man if you get it totaly right first time, you should get something that will do you well. (Personal opinion, the perfect motorhome is like the holy grail, it may well be out there somewhere but we're all still searching.)
By the way with reference to the last bit of your quote, I've mastered the first bit "I'm skint" just trying to get free now

(the perfect motorhome is like the holy grail, it may well be out there somewhere but we're all still searching.)

I totaly agree with that geoff,
last year I had a beautiful mercades montana
which I was delighted with,
then this spring my wife, angie asked me to look at a 20ft autosleeper
amythist and wow! like it ! gotta have it! so take your time,watch and listen, and you'll "maybe" get what you're looking for
sundown

Welcome Mick, I like your style, I can't advise you on european tours but we do have one thing in common, I'm an old git too:eek::eek::D

No offence intended..Lenny:cool:

You sound like a very wise man to me. Too many p**ts out there (mainly of the loadsamoney brigade so no sympathy) who stumble into buying "cause they liked the colour". Take your time, give it a lot of thought and although you'll be a lucky man if you get it totaly right first time, you should get something that will do you well. (Personal opinion, the perfect motorhome is like the holy grail, it may well be out there somewhere but we're all still searching.)
By the way with reference to the last bit of your quote, I've mastered the first bit "I'm skint" just trying to get free now

Dunno about wise, but I'm definitely taking my time.
Been dreaming about this for thirty years, been planning it
for the last three ever since the missus and I called it
quits and split the winnings.

Goodnight all.

Welcome Mick, I like your style, I can't advise you on european tours but we do have one thing in common, I'm an old git too:eek::eek::D

No offence intended..Lenny:cool:

Thanks Lenny. No offence taken, I like being an old git.

mine calls me a grumpy old gitt or likens me to VICTOR MELDREW :eek::eek: i dont beleive it:D:D

mabey we can add to our user names VICTOR 1 VICTOR 2 :D:D:D

Think we all have a Victor at home I certainly do lol he`s an old git but im not .... Im a retired lady well I am retired ...JUST ok.. But boy are we enjoying being retired just one thing wrong wish I still had my salery as well that would be nice.

Val

Think we all have a Victor at home I certainly do lol he`s an old git but im not .... Im a retired lady well I am retired ...JUST ok.. But boy are we enjoying being retired just one thing wrong wish I still had my salary as well that would be nice.

Val

Victor

Think we all have a Victor at home I certainly do lol he`s an old git but im not .... Im a retired lady well I am retired ...JUST ok.. But boy are we enjoying being retired just one thing wrong wish I still had my salary as well that would be nice.

Val

I wanted my signature to say "married to an old F**t but still young at heart"
Couldn't fit it all in though. You're right though we woman all seem to have one - must be the age group.;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back