Ogni

Caddy with Tischer

Attachments

• DSCI0380.jpg
    DSCI0380.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 338
Great picture

Hi Ogni,

A great Caddy,I had a Caddy for eight years and was looking for the Tischer back to fit it but could not find one at a reasonable price.It would be great to see some more pictures of it. Good luck.

Snowbirds.:wave:

Caddy with Tischer

ws wondering if this was going to be a dog, a baby or a campervan... silly me!:wacko:

Thanks for all the kind words

Yes easy to drive and park and does 46mpg
that is with the "house" on the back

You right Calais aire last year on the return trip from Europe :)

Can you still tow with a demountable?

Yes you can, the camperbody is classed as a load on the pickup bed.

If one would extend the towbar past the camperbody then there would be no problem to tow a trailer , as long the total "train"-waight is no more then then vin plate states.

I myself cant se the point as the body can be demounted in 5min and uesd on its own, that leaves the truck to go and see places :)

Here you go :)

Attachments

• DSCI0462.jpg
    DSCI0462.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCI0468.jpg
    DSCI0468.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCI0469.jpg
    DSCI0469.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 155
Yes you can, the camperbody is classed as a load on the pickup bed.

If one would extend the towbar past the camperbody then there would be no problem to tow a trailer , as long the total "train"-waight is no more then then vin plate states.

I myself cant se the point as the body can be demounted in 5min and uesd on its own, that leaves the truck to go and see places :)

I've often looked at demountables and I am surprised that they are not more popular in this country. I am looking at all sorts of options at the moment, including panel vans, chassis cabs to have a box built on the back, and demountables.
The reason I asked about the towbar was because I would like to tow a small boat around with me for the Scottish lochs.

Nice interior pics!

img009.jpg
i used to have a suntrekker demount on a vw t25. ideal. it fitted nicely on the back yet still left enough room to get at the engine cover . also was a good place for bicycles to travel. where the stepped cut out for normal pickups was is great storage . i often thought about boxing this area as i never used it on a normal one ton pickup.
should you go for a vw its great as you have big storage under the pickup bed infront of the engine and box . infact its large enough to sleep two people in there.
great bits of kit demounts .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back