help! hymer b614 misfire and loss of power ?

cornish hymer

Hello can anyone help please, Hymer b614 started misfiring and loss of power. Called out breakdown they did diagnostic test,nothing showed ( van had cooled) drove on few miles same occurred. let van rest and okay for while. Problem kept happening, managed to get home.mechanic has fitted new fuel filter.gave van a run early this morning,okay for 10 miles then problem started again.
Any ideas gratefully received, many thanks.

Diesels dont misfire like sparky petrol engines, it will either have a fuel fault with air getting in or cut of solinoid on the blink, this could be electrical prob also in line with it, do also have a look at alarm sys if you have one as it can also be linked to the fuel cut of.
Next if the engine has a common rail fuel sys then the brain or a injector may be at fault causing the misfire.

I had a problem like this years ago. It proved to be a simple fault. A connection to one of the injectors had come loose.

Cleaned and refitted, problem solved.

Try the simple things first...

I had a similar problem. The aftermarket tuning box developed a fault. I removed it and carried on as normal with slightly less HP.

I had a similar problem. The aftermarket tuning box developed a fault. I removed it and carried on as normal with slightly less HP.
Is that the one you sold to me Jim? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
It is still working brilliantly, more HP and better economy(y)

Yes that's the one. The manufacturer repaired it free of charge didn't even charge me for postage costs. It's not often you get service as good as that these days.

Sounds like my experience with one from Energy Tuning LTD, Ashington, Northumberland up your way.

I have a TurboTune DT tuning module on my Peugeot 2.8HDi based motorhome which helped enormously when towing.

After a couple of years it put the M.I.L. on, ran great but with it turned on the light showed on the dash, checked with the module turned off and the light went away so it was obviously the problem.

Rang them up who and without question they said return it to them straight away and they`ll check it out, no messing about 2 days later a brand new one arrived with an apology.

They even phoned me a few times over the next months to see if everything was still good which it was and has been ever since, motorhome now over 100,000 miles.

Asayou say it`s not often you get service like that thses days and they were definitely worth the glowing reviews i gave them on several forums.

If it is RHD it will be 127 Horse Power. The LHD are a bit more powerful because there is more room for a bigger turbo.

If your Hymer B614 is acting up, check the injector connections, consider the tuning box, and get a proper diagnosis to fix it.

Hi guys its a left hand drive 2005 still think 138bhp, thank you all for your input.will start with easiest solve first
I had an issue, which after further investigation, along numerous cursing, I eventually got sight of the diesel filter, which had over time loosed off. Filter renewed and tighten up with a little extra hand torque, MH ram better, as obviously drawing air in through the filter. I certainly wasn’t having the extreme issue you are having, though.

2005 2.8 JTD Fiat Ducato.

I had a problem like this years ago. It proved to be a simple fault. A connection to one of the injectors had come loose.
Agreed, it was a fairly common problem of vans built around then. There should be info as to which injector it was. From memory it was due to the wiring harness being just a bit too short.

I have cleaned all the wiring to the injectors.. number 4 was the faulty one. My mate interrogated the van with his plug-in computerized thingy and cleared all the fault codes
I have taken it out for a good run this afternoon and its running sweet on all 4 cylinders.
Plenty of power now
thanks to all for your help

Fiat had a well-known problem with the wiring harness being too short for the No 4 injector, search on Google there are a lot of results

Back