hello

simong

Hi I'm simon, I'm married with 2 kids and a dog, I'm a mechanic for the main part but also a welder,electrician, electronics engineer, paint refinisher, I'm into sea fishing, music, stupidly fast cars, and most blokey things really

I'm currently converting a mk5 lwb hi roof transit to a camper, only had the van 5-6 weeks and already got most of the conversion done(have alot of time on my hands at the min) just got a few things to do then she'll be ready for trips away

I'm down to earth, say it as I see it type of thing, get on with most people and enjoy a good laugh.

cheers

Hi Simong.

welcome, sounds like your well on the way with the conversion.

Plenty of places on your doorstep I note you are in Chesterfield for trial runs and get away from it all weekends

Happy camping

Channa

hi simong suprised you can find the time for a "custom built" you good at time management then? oh welcome on board:)

Hi Simong.

welcome, sounds like your well on the way with the conversion.

Plenty of places on your doorstep I note you are in Chesterfield for trial runs and get away from it all weekends

Happy camping

Channa

one of the reasons I wanted to do a self build, we do a lot of hill walking, and a cuppa is always welcomed after 4-5 hours up a mountain :rolleyes:

hi and welcome
any pics of the build
loads of pics, but might be a little boring looking at so many :D, I'm in the process of doing a blog of the build, saves me cluttering up forums :D

hi simong suprised you can find the time for a "custom built" you good at time management then? oh welcome on board:)
I'm out of work at the min, alot of garages closed down round here:confused:

thanks for the welcome guys

(open mouth insert foot smiley) sorry bout work im an agency driver and theres sod all round here im lucky if i get 1 day a week im not claimin owt but getin by (just) anyway get your van done so you & family can enjoy n good luck :D

(open mouth insert foot smiley) sorry bout work im an agency driver and theres sod all round here im lucky if i get 1 day a week im not claimin owt but getin by (just) anyway get your van done so you & family can enjoy n good luck :D

I too have just finished a spell agency driving... Doncaster to Inverness..left at 2. pm ...got home at 5.15 am ..after the end user had been promised something that it appeared I delivered that didnt match expectations ( like a sunroof missing !!)

I then get told I am being paid 12 hours ..cos that is how the job was quoted.

Not my problem I said, not a route planner anywhere on the net that even suggests the journey can be completed round robin in 12 hours !!!

So told em to shove it where the sun shines least !!!!

It does make you wonder why bother to earn a living ...!!! Better off sponging off the system. thakfully my conscience wont allow me

Channa

hello Simon, well done for 'self building'. I've just 'rebuilt' and organising a meet to celebrate. Come and join us and celebrate too. See details in 'Invitation to my meet' Hayling Island sept 09. [bring your spanners] I'm new here too....Good site!
Paol [LaughingHeart]

Last edited:
hello Simon, well done for 'self building'. I've just 'rebuilt' and organising a meet to celebrate. Come and join us and celebrate too. See details in 'Invitation to my meet' Hayling Island sept 09. [bring your spanners] I'm new here too....Good site!
Paol [LaughingHeart]
Hi Paol, I had a look last night at the thread and we're very tempted to make the trip down, possibly for the week though, as it's a little far for just a weekend,I'll also be able to indulge my other passion of sea fishing at the same time as I had a look on google maps of the area, and I'm never too far from my spanners lol

Hi Paol, I had a look last night at the thread and we're very tempted to make the trip down, possibly for the week though, as it's a little far for just a weekend,I'll also be able to indulge my other passion of sea fishing at the same time as I had a look on google maps of the area, and I'm never too far from my spanners lol

MMM Garfish down souf SimonG... I have been known to clobber a 6oz lead or two around Mappleton if you are ever up for a trip !!

I am sure at the end of the day the codlings et al have a giggle at my expense..Bu tevery fingling I get and put back I whisper in its ear tell your grandma I want to meet her!!!:):):)

Channa

MMM Garfish down souf SimonG... I have been known to clobber a 6oz lead or two around Mappleton if you are ever up for a trip !!

I am sure at the end of the day the codlings et al have a giggle at my expense..Bu tevery fingling I get and put back I whisper in its ear tell your grandma I want to meet her!!!:):):)

Channa
I never turn down a offer of a little bit of lead chucking, and once the van's done I won't mind going further afield in the search of a fishy or 2

I never turn down a offer of a little bit of lead chucking, and once the van's done I won't mind going further afield in the search of a fishy or 2

Well coz I am a combination of stoopid and English, And obviously have some underlying fetish to freeze my bits and bobs off on a beach, Up for a session !!

I always set off with the fanciful idea of cooking my catch with this that and the other ...recipe is always spoilt by lack of procuring the main ingredient :D

That said I caught 3 mackerel once in Gairloch, and the hassle that ensued you wouldnt believe!!! .....one of those how do you think the fishys end up in Morrison moments !!!

Channa

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back