Hello

BANJO

Just discovered this site, it is great. We have an Autotrail and spend a lot of time in Europe. Our favourite places are Sardinia and Corsica.

Welcome to all

Welcome Banjo (and other newbies)
In a few months we had 500 new members over here. This prooves a gentle and friendly site for motorhomers is badly needed.
Again welcome to you all newbies of the last months.
Have fun, enjoy and share
(a member of your foreign office)

HI we are new too!! not only to this site but wilding,where do empty your waste we are just hiring with a view to buying,know nothing but willing to learn any tips?

Hi Tonyg and welcome to the 'madhouse'..in the nicest way though of course!!
We have a 'sog' system fitted to our toilet cassette, so we use no chemicals at all. This means we can dump in any toilet that is convenient, beause nothing more is going in, than would do if you were sat on it :eek: know what I mean? We also carry a spare cassette just in case !!
The grey water, I just drain daily into a container, and pour it down the nearest drain (be sure it is a proper drainthough, and not a soak away!)
Kind regards,

Jackie ;)

poooo

:eek:Hi Jackie thanks for that but whats a sog are we likely to have one on a hired fiat sundance 590 ?I know it has a thetford cassette but not a clue what to do with it hopefully we will learn on that before we buy a motor home of our own regards tonyg

Sog

About SOG-system:
http://www.outdoorbits.com/sog-system-kits-for-motorhomes-p-26.html
In fact this is merely a fan extracting the 'odeurs' from the cassette - no sh*t:eek: (with a little plumbing, Gardena couplings and a computer-fan you can DIY- I didn't: for plumbing I have 2 left hands :rolleyes:).
An other way to avoid chemicals is using a draught of the cheapest shampoo or washing-up liquid instead (this really works and you have a choice of smells too ;) - I had this from a dutchman; you know how sparing they generally are :eek:)).
In Sweden there are some who use a handfull of turf. (I never tried that -however some flowers in the cassette ...:p)

shampoooooo will do

Thanks for the tip Jackie Tesco do a litre of value shampoo for 26p so I will be buying some,dont think I fancy it on my hair though,thanks again Tony

Flower power

Just watch how those cheap shampoos converts the dunge of your casette into flower-power .... and you never smear it on your hair again :eek::D:D
(the shampoo I mean :confused:)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back