Hello all

ziderman

Just to say hello.
We have had a motor home since early this year. The main thing we use it for is work. Only used it for leisure on two occasions unfortunately.
We(that's me and other half) work together contracting all over Devon & North Cornwall. We live in the last corner of somerset on the Devon Dorset boarders. So traveling every day to places like Barnstaple & even Bude became a real night mare. The money is good but all that traveling was tiring and expensive.
We tend to do one week away in the Motor home and one week working from home when the work is more local.
It's worked out great . We go off on a Sunday evening , that way we get an extra hour in bed and work is normally any where between 2 mins and 20 mins away. We get through a lot more work as we dont have to travel home.
So all in all very happy bunnies....well the spaniel sees of most bunnies on site any how.
We have some friends in Winkleigh if we are working that way and we park up on the side of there farm. They became friends because wife asked if there was any where we could park up and stay. They offered us there place and have since become good friends and we park on what was once part of the old Airfield.Nice and flat too.
If you want to wild camp at Seaton in south Devon the Axe mouth end of the sea front is ideal. You can park on the yellows this time of year too.
Seaton is very sleepy at night too.
Alan & Liz

Welcome to the Wild Side of Life!
What line of business are you in?
Winkleigh? That's where the Kebab place is, isn't it? All the locals kicked off about it and said they'd never use it... seems packes at times to me :D

First cock up

Should have posted this on introduce yer self....der...!

Yeap that take away heaving , in fact they are opening another place in North Tawton I see. The farm we stay on is up the small lane opposite the take away.
We are pole inspectors for WPD. Walk power lines basically, testing poles checking all intact etc.

Welcome to the site ziderman been on the zider all ready then:Djust the qualities needed for a new member,Andy.

I cant park the dam van proper unless I've had 2- 3 flagons of Zider , for christ sake.. Works a treat , not necessarily where it should be , but parked all the same. :D

Should have posted this on introduce yer self....der...!

Yeap that take away heaving , in fact they are opening another place in North Tawton I see. The farm we stay on is up the small lane opposite the take away.
We are pole inspectors for WPD. Walk power lines basically, testing poles checking all intact etc.

Hi again Alan & Liz, YOU'll understand more as you read more posts!! Unless, of course, you have done my trick tonight, and started at the bottom!!! :D :D So welcome again!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: JIM.

But not in a brokeback mountain sort of way you understand:D:eek:time for bed said zebedee!

Last edited:
Hiya, Ziderman and welcome to the site;), pole inspectors:rolleyes:, I could do that:eek::D, Giz a job:p, must admit you lost me when you mentioned "flagons" ,so I googled it and came up with this one:)

That words to old for Google...It's an old measurement for liquid is it not. Cider was sold in Flagons....or p*ss pots one or the other.
Never drunk out of a tea pot like that in picture. Give it a go though..bring it around.

Sorry you cant have a job ..huge waiting list. ...Did call one on farm earlier in year and a huge Eastern European gentle man from Poland asked me what I was doing. Told him.."Im a pole inspector" Why do they not have the same sense of humor as us....!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back