Hella headlight adjustment

scotchjock

Having spent all afternoon trawling the internet without success, I am hoping someone out there knows the answer to how to adjust Hella lights on an 'A' class, from UK to continental driving.

You have to buy a pair of beam benders from Halfords, stick onto the lenses and away you go. Or buy a pair of left hand drive headlamp lenses and fit those.

What shape lights....... are they the new Hymer (eye) shaped lights?

B

Having spent all afternoon trawling the internet without success, I am hoping someone out there knows the answer to how to adjust Hella lights on an 'A' class, from UK to continental driving.

Hi scothjock
There are three small screws on the back of each light that need to be undone just enough to enable you to pull the light towards the back of the vehicle and then to rotate it either left or right according to need then push back in and re-tighten the screws. Access is horendous and you may find that one of the screws is behind the automatic beam adjuster. you only need to move the Dipped beam lights. Some folks take the front bumper off to get at them but it is possible to do it without. Enjoy.

Hi scothjock
There are three small screws on the back of each light that need to be undone just enough to enable you to pull the light towards the back of the vehicle and then to rotate it either left or right according to need then push back in and re-tighten the screws. Access is horendous and you may find that one of the screws is behind the automatic beam adjuster. you only need to move the Dipped beam lights. Some folks take the front bumper off to get at them but it is possible to do it without. Enjoy.

Thanks for that. I have stuck my head under the bonnet and can see the screws. I'll try later when the rain stops. There is plenty of room to get my head and hands behind the light fittings

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back