Heating fan not working - HELP

mlynnf50

We have a Hymer B524 which has a Truma heating system. The boiler is working and we have hot water but the fan is not working to heat the van, we were wild camping in Switzerland this weekend and it was freeeeeezing down to - 6. Has anyone any idea what it could be, checked the fuses and they are ok. Due to go away again in a couple of weeks so any ideas would be welcome please.

Thermostat possibly? If you can reach the fan you could try checking the voltage.

Yes probably the thermostat, I had this problem on my Hymer. On my van the thermostat is situated above the entrance door, I had it replaced, it looks like a black button on my van about the size of a ten pence piece. I have since learned that if you gently prise the top off of it , you will see inside what looks like a small bulb and if you clean this with a cotton bud or remove any dead insects that may have got in there it will work again as now it is not blocked it can now sense temperature change again, hope it works for you

Hello thank you all, we got in touch with Truma Tec and they said the same thing, we took off one wire on the boiler and it cam on straight away, its great now we have lift off. Truma were really helpful

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back