Heater Can You Help Me

Polly

I'm having a problem with my heater.
It is a Truma S 3002P piezo. (3 year old)
The problem is the ignition that I press down to ignite the fire will not pop back up again. I then have to take the front off the fire and put the ignition bit/thing back in place to try again.
Each time I have to put the ignition back up and put the button on the top and then replace the front and try again to light the fire and if I am lucky it will light but it's less often now.
Any idea why it will not stay back in position, as something come off it?
Hope you can understand my query.

hi polly, sorry I can't help you with this,
but if my memory serves me right
I think short-ciruit is the expert on all things electrial
hope this helps!

Hi, Polly, don't recognise your heater but this is what I would do, next time you have the front off check that the interior push button has melted or suffered heat damage cos it sounds like the button which is on a spring is just sticking to it's housing. If it has shown signs of melting then you need a gas engineer , if it has'nt try a little thin oil around the edge of the button and let it soak in. hope this helps.. Good luck and keep us informed:)

Hi Polly,
Isn't that a Truma with a 1,5V battery hidden underneath ? :confused:
It looks to me that the battery needs to changed. Also check that the spark goes off in the interior of the heater and not a false spark on the exterior (needs some isolation then). Sometimes there is a false spark when you put on the cover.

Just what I was going to say Belgian, happened to us when we had a Eriba Car could not get the Truma heater working, then some one told us about the battery and lo and behold problem solved.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back