Headlights Plastic's refurb

yeoblade

The Fiat X250 headlights don't look their best after a few years of sun so a polish up to restore them today ✨
20240608_120744.jpg

20240801_164555.jpg

What did you use please? The Raptor passed the MOT today with an advisory that the headlight covers are foggy !. Mines a 2007 Fiat X250 so I need to do before next years MOT. Both need doing but near side is worse than offside. Cheers 👍

I used the Autoglym Headlight Restoration Complete Kit on my 2006 X244 headlights and it worked a treat.

Bit scary using wet & dry emery paper on plastic that comes in the kit, just make sure you wet the headlights as per the instructions, take your time and it fine .

4 years on and they are still as good as the day i did them.

Other brands are available.

What did you use please? The Raptor passed the MOT today with an advisory that the headlight covers are foggy !. Mines a 2007 Fiat X250 so I need to do before next years MOT. Both need doing but near side is worse than offside. Cheers 👍
If you got an advisory on them then they probably quite bad, so just a headlight restoration cream alone won't cut the mustard. I tried some last year with little effect.
I used 800 grit wet 'n dry followed by 1500 W-n-D then machined polished mop with Farcela G360 compound.

I think looking the comments here, the different manufacturers plastics varies how much aggressive polishing or not is required to restore them. Mine certainly didn't improve much without good wet n dry sanding before the polishing. Having already tried only that.

I took mine out on my Burstner Argos and used a pedestal polishing machine with fine mop and blue cutting past ( finishing compound) they lasted a year and started to fade.

I took mine out on my Burstner Argos and used a pedestal polishing machine with fine mop and blue cutting past ( finishing compound) they lasted a year and started to fade.
What you should have done was spray with a fine coat of 2 pack laq, my tail lights are for this soon.

Take them out and flat them off then clear coat them. They come out easy enough on the fiat cabs

used the Autoglym Headlight Restoration Complete Kit on my 2006 X244 headlights and it worked a treat.

Bit scary using wet & dry emery paper on plastic that comes in the kit, just make sure you wet the headlights as per the instructions, take your time and it fine .

4 years on and they are still as good as the day i did them.
Other brands are available.
Yes, on ebay for as low as £7.49, which appear to use the same process with similar components to the Autoglym one.
One of mine will need doing before the next MOT

Toothpaste and elbow grease cleared mine. I didn't lacquer them after so they're starting to cloud again

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back