Hazed headlights, here is the cure!

Millie Master

Many of us have vehicles fitted with polycarbonate and not glass headlights, all of which will start to go somewhat milky with age and in the worst cases can result in exceptionally expensive MOT failures.

For many years I have been a subscriber and avid reader of the excellent motoring magazine Classic & Sports Car in which on a monthly basis they test numerous products that are new to the market and it was one of these products which has resulted in me writing this as I feel certain it will be of very significant use to so many of us!

Available from Amazon, QUIXX HEADLIGHT RESTORATION KIT for only £12.95 the kit comprises 3 different grades of abrasive paper (2000, 3000 & 5000 grit). https://www.amazon.co.uk/Reliable-H...ght+restoration+kit,amazon-devices,960&sr=1-3

In the test of this product the writer said it took him little more than 20 mins. to take his cars headlights from looking exceptionally sad to looking brand new and this normally very sceptical writer gave this product an outstanding score of 9/10, so it might be well worth you trying it out for yourselves as it could honestly be a win-win situation and vastly less expensive than replacing the frighteningly expensive headlights.

Phil

I know everyone does not have the luxury of a pedestal polisher, I took the headlights out of the Burstner I had and used a loose stitch mop and blue rouge (fine paste) brought them up sparkling.
20200625_184111.jpg

One of our Suzuki's has needed the headlights cleaning up every MOT for years, really should 'lacquer' them as well but never got a round to it. The newer one is now heading same way, a few minutes with fine wet and dry will sort it out.
On the van we have headlight protectors and the actual headlights seem to be doing well

when polished im told dont spray with clear laq as it dulls to, just give them a once over every year with cutting compound by hand, i have to do my t lights every year for the mot.

Back