Hay Fever and the COVID vaccine.

merl

I posted on this paper yesterday but it got took down after half a dozen posts, not sure why, hopefully just a glitch, so I'll post to the details again.
Seems the COVID jab helps with some people's Hay Fever so if you've been getting your jabs and your Hay Fever symptoms eased during 2021-2023 and have now returned them COVID jabs could be the reason. This article was found by my son, historically really suffers but hasn't been anything like as bad while he was getting the COVID jabs, this year it's back and he's paid to get the jab today. I'll post an update next week ( assuming the thread stays up 🤔)

Hope it works for him,I’m over 75 so had loads of jabs but still suffer terrible Hayfever from tree pollen

It does seem to correlate to my experience.
Interesting, someone else said the same yesterday. My wife Kim suffers only mildly, she had a COVID jab last week and hasn't had any Hay Fever symptoms since, does make you wonder.

Interesting, someone else said the same yesterday. My wife Kim suffers only mildly, she had a COVID jab last week and hasn't had any Hay Fever symptoms since, does make you wonder.
in that link, it mentions two different 'brands' . Which one did Kim have? (I've only, as far as I recall, only ever have the Pfizer ones).

I'm getting terrible Hay Fever at the moment, but I missed my last Covid jab so probably could do with one now!

I'm getting terrible Hay Fever at the moment, but I missed my last Covid jab so probably could do with one now!
Rob, I take a once daily antihistamine tablet on a morning and a Piriton just before I go to bed at night. Alternatively I can use a nasal spray instead of the Piriton. That helps me a lot but the pollen count at the minute is classed as VH (very high) which is unusual.

Rob, I take a once daily antihistamine tablet on a morning and a Piriton just before I go to bed at night. Alternatively I can use a nasal spray instead of the Piriton. That helps me a lot but the pollen count at the minute is classed as VH (very high) which is unusual.

I've only started getting it in recent years Jim and yes antihistamine works for me as well.

When I remember to take it!

I've only started getting it in recent years Jim and yes antihistamine works for me as well.

When I remember to take it!
My lad typically gets it quite bad. Takes antihistamines and a steroid nasal sprays, the test for him will be what happens after he's mowed the lawn 😩

My lad typically gets it quite bad. Takes antihistamines and a steroid nasal sprays, the test for him will be what happens after he's mowed the lawn 😩

Grass pollen's a problem Merl. Even when it's raining heavily it get's stirred up and sets me off. :(

At least I don't have to mow the lawn though because of it. :)

I started getting 'hay' fever 20+ years ago, only mild, and seemingly from tree pollen, haven't noticed it for several years, I would guess from around the time I had COVID vaccine.

Talking about hayfever symptoms, I'll tell you what brings that on .... Covid TESTS. Sticking that stick up your nose makes you (well me anyway) sneeze uncontrollably and eyes water.
Just got reminded of that about 15 minutes ago when doing a test. (did one after the OH did one and tested +ve. I have a faint line on the 'T' so probably got it last week and just coming out of it)

I posted on this paper yesterday but it got took down after half a dozen posts, not sure why, hopefully just a glitch, so I'll post to the details again.
Seems the COVID jab helps with some people's Hay Fever so if you've been getting your jabs and your Hay Fever symptoms eased during 2021-2023 and have now returned them COVID jabs could be the reason. This article was found by my son, historically really suffers but hasn't been anything like as bad while he was getting the COVID jabs, this year it's back and he's paid to get the jab today. I'll post an update next week ( assuming the thread stays up 🤔)
Well I got hay-fever when covid came out.never ever had it before.was told by nurse at doctors what there finding is people that's always had it, ain't getting it ,and them that's never had it getting it.work that out.

So, an update.
My son had the jab on Tuesday afternoon and hasn't taken any antihistamines or nasal spray since because he didn't want anything else helping and wanted to know for certain what the jab is/isn't doing. Aready he's convinced it's worked, he says that normally he knows a bout is coming on because he gets an eye irritation and it snowballs from there, he can delay it for a while by not touching the eyes.
After the jab he still gets the same slight irritation but now it doesn't come to anything and in fact the irritation soon goes away even if he rubs his eyes, exactly how he was last year and the year before that while he was getting the COVID boosters. Still hasn't done the lawnmower test but he's sure it's done the trick. Pollen has been VH yesterday and today and he literally hasn't had a sniff, normally his eyes would be streaming, he'd be congested and feeling crap. "Best £100 I've spent"

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back