Greetings from Cumbria

Magmez13

Hi all,
Martin and Helen here from Barrow. We've had a mk1Ducato for just over a year now (Bertha) and use her mainly for touring Scotland to visit my kids who live on Lewis. Heading up to Ullapool again in six weeks via Loch Lomond and wondered if anyone can recommend some good wild camps near the loch?

:D

Hi Martin and Helen, we are in Dalton. We are also off up north in a few weeks, to Ardnamurchan and the Arisaig area. Midge hats at the ready......!

Salutations Martin and Helen from a fellow Barrovian,there are quite a few laybyes and pull in places along Loch Lomond but to be honest the road is busy so expect traffic noise.If you follow the road to Arrochar there is a carpark by the shore of the loch,there are signs forbidding overnighting but if you arrive late and leave early i can't see any problems:)Andy

I'm a newby myself - yet to wild camp as i'm still finishing my van off, hope you find a great location and have no hassles.

Welcome to the site :)

Andy, are you thinking about the Car Park that used to be next to the PIT STOP diner?

If so, it ain't there anymore they are building what looks like a new PIT STOP only larger.

Hi Martin and Helen!

After Loch Lomond, you can take the Rest and be Thankful road and you will find that a few MHs now park up for the night here.
Personally I prefer to drive down the other side and park up in the lay-by on the left.
It is a bit grubby but there is a stream for washing and replenishing fresh water supplies.
Keep away from the logging trailers though as they are in daily use by the big trucks.

Andy, are you thinking about the Car Park that used to be next to the PIT STOP diner?

If so, it ain't there anymore they are building what looks like a new PIT STOP only larger.

Not sure if it's called the pitstop but there was a takeaway opposite side of the road,the carpark is right on the shoreline.Parked here in the middle of may to get a fish supper,yum yum Andy;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back