Going to make a lovely camper.

mark61

Mate just put a deposit on one of the Dailys for sale at A64 vans sales. I think that's a lot of van for the £'s and what a great blank sheet to start from.
Perfect van for those who need shed loads in a rear garage, over 5 tonne rear axle weight.
Nice couple of fairly productive days, starting off with a bit of Iveco tyre kicking, popped over to Armitages to sort a bike rack out for my van, 50/50 on that, and then over to Coalition vans who are going to do mates new van. Then down to Birchover for a pint.

image.jpeg

IMG_4486.jpeg

IMG_4490.jpeg

I really fancied one of these electric prototypes in auction yesterday fetching around £560 each last time I looked but parts would be a bugger
IMG_1204.png

UPS converted some of their old Varios to electric. They certainly seem to be surviving better than the Amazon electric Sprinters. Perhaps UPS do some driver training.

Looks massive Mark with that large overhang I am guessing 7.5m.
Also it looks like it comes with a reversing camera, something all vans should come with today. I take it this van would require a C1 licence also. Is that your sprinter in the last photo, I would have loved a sprinter, but would have to have kept my C1, and I was not up for that hassle. How long will your mate have to wait for the conversion, and will you post it on here Mark.

Also it looks like it comes with a reversing camera, something all vans should come with today. I take it this van would require a C1 licence also. Is that your sprinter in the last photo, I would have loved a sprinter, but would have to have kept my C1, and I was not up for that hassle. How long will your mate have to wait for the conversion, and will you post it on here Mark.

C1 for a Sprinter Bill?

Yes, I think it's a little over 7.5 M long, 7 tonne GVW.
Yes, my Sprinter next to his current van. His new Daily is Euro 6 which is the main reason for him getting it. Also 8 speed auto and a few other more recent features.

C1 for a Sprinter Bill?

They are heavier than most vans Rob.
I fancied a 7m Wildax Elara it’s only a two berth, but based on a 3.5t manual model with nothing added it had a 220kg payload. If I went for an auto box that reduced by 20k.
but to be fair my current 6.4m ducato comes with only a 410kg payload, reduced further by an auto box. But my dream van would have been a sprinter

They are heavier than most vans Rob.
I fancied a 7m Wildax Elara it’s only a two berth, but based on a 3.5t manual model with nothing added it had a 220kg payload. If I went for an auto box that reduced by 20k.
but to be fair my current 6.4m ducato comes with only a 410kg payload, reduced further by an auto box. But my dream van would have been a sprinter
I think my van (Renault Master) is 6m Bill but only 3.5 tonne GVW, but I didn't realise that the Sprinter was a heavier base vehicle.

I'm changing a few things in my van at the moment and oddly enough I'm getting it weighed today - nervous about that!

1719561391873.jpeg

Rear wheel drive is one of the reasons the Sprinter is heavier, but since 2019 they have a front wheel drive version which is still a bit heavier than most vans, but not as heavy as the RWD.
My next one will be the 4.2 tonne version, down plated to 3.5 tonne. :)

Good luck at weigh bridge.

Rear wheel drive is one of the reasons the Sprinter is heavier, but since 2019 they have a front wheel drive version which is still a bit heavier than most vans, but not as heavy as the RWD.
My next one will be the 4.2 tonne version, down plated to 3.5 tonne. :)

Good luck at weigh bridge.

Thanks Mark.

Presumably he will get a transverse bed in there? Having said that he's got the room for one lengthways.

Thanks Mark.

Presumably he will get a transverse bed in there? Having said that he's got the room for one lengthways.
Transverse bed over garage area at rear, and lengthways bed at front.
Although they do curve in a bit, and not much wider inside than smaller panel vans.
Guess the transverse bed depends on how high garage area is.

I
It's a lovely van to drive Bill and of course we were able to build it to suit us.

New lithiums will save quite a lot of weight but extra solar panels will add some as will the new high level cupboards that modom wants. Fingers crossed!
lithiums should be standard on all new vans, and I reckon they soon will be.
Rob I cannot get below 92% with two 100ah lithiums right now.
I wanted David to instal a victron 1200w inverter, but annoyingly they are to large, and I don’t see any point in fitting anything smaller.
I know winter will be different, but even then I reckon I could spend much longer out than with lead batteries.

Panels are not that heavy Rob, certainly less than what you gain from lithium.
But if you do decide to use sikaflex 554 I would maximise the surface contact area as I did with 50mm angle aluminium. And prepare the surface with isopropyl alchohal. It’s only about £8 for a 500ml bottle.

Back