Go Army (USA)

happybonzo

If you are really bored here's a website to go to and have a larf. It's been set up by the Good Ole US of A to try and con people into joining the US Army GO Army

Then got to the following link. They have an interactive Q&A called Sargent Star ( you couldn't make this up) Sgt Star

The first thing they do is ask your name... First off he was not happy when I asked him if its was OK to be Gay in the Modern US Army. He got a*s*y with me when I asked him if I had to kill people. When I asked him if I could go to Iraq and kill Rag heads he threatened to shut me down - LOL

No wonder they're losing - LOL

army

Hi all, well I spend over 10 years in the army, and I must say if I could do it again I would. Think of this, you may knock it, but these people do have a job to do, and its better then living on hand outs like most of the lay abouts that the UK products,
But one thing did get me was the low pay, even after 6 years its total rubbish, and I always at the feeling I was hard up.
I don,t like the war in Iran etc, I was in the 1st one and can,t believe how place silly this is after more then 10 years, trying to turn a medieval system into a model outword thinking system, will its just not going to happy,
pull the troops out and let them kill each other if they want to.
terry

respect to the guys in the army i think they do a fantastic job.....i just didnt like the website.....hb posted :)

web site

I must say that the web site is a bit, well american, but having spend some time with the american forces, they are just like the people on the web site, I remember the very first time I meet a american unit, it was a tank regt and it was night time and playing war games, us the brits had green and black war paint on and looking like hedges, the americans came up in sun glasses, and patten leather boots, I ask you. But boy have they got some kit, most of mine had 1944 date stamped on it, and I think I started out wearing what looked like my dads old army boots from the WW2.
fun days for the most part, pity I am just to old to do it again.
terry

terry1956 said:
I must say that the web site is a bit, well american, but having spend some time with the american forces, they are just like the people on the web site, I remember the very first time I meet a american unit, it was a tank regt and it was night time and playing war games, us the brits had green and black war paint on and looking like hedges, the americans came up in sun glasses, and patten leather boots, I ask you. But boy have they got some kit, most of mine had 1944 date stamped on it, and I think I started out wearing what looked like my dads old army boots from the WW2.
fun days for the most part, pity I am just to old to do it again.
terry
sounds like you had fun,good memories eh,plus the americans are sooooo cool ,sundudes eh ha ha :D

Well done - you've all got the point. You're not supposed to like it. I just hope that you had as much fun trying to see how far it could be taken before they shut you off. The latest try-on is to ask if you can get hold of drugs on the Base
I got it from a Brit Forces website and they are busting a gut over it

americans

Hi sam, yes the yanks are all John Waynes, At the time I was a new boy in the RA, we had been playing with the 21st lancers, and the first thing those old boys do went stoped for the night is check their tank out, then the tea goes on, the yanks just got deck chairs out and sit around drinking beer,
Yes some very good times, but also some very very bad ones. But nothing like the old boys of WW1 did or saw, my hat goes off to them all the time.
terry

terry1956 said:
Hi sam, yes the yanks are all John Waynes, At the time I was a new boy in the RA, we had been playing with the 21st lancers, and the first thing those old boys do went stoped for the night is check their tank out, then the tea goes on, the yanks just got deck chairs out and sit around drinking beer,
Yes some very good times, but also some very very bad ones. But nothing like the old boys of WW1 did or saw, my hat goes off to them all the time.
terry
im sure you did a great job,and had some fun along the way,im sure you have had some very bad times too,i take my hat off to anyone willing to give up there life for peace...:)

OK, I checked out the website. That US army, they are a fun bunch, huh! I especially like the way they say that when speaking with Sgt Star, "simpler is better"
Kind of like George Bush, I guess.
Have to careful, my next post will be from the federal pen. :D

Rhode Trip said:
That's OK, Virgil. Just imagine if you had to live here!:eek:

I would love to do a touring holiday of some of the US, especially some of the places Ansel Adams photographed!

ansel_adams_autumn_moon.jpg

My grandfather was in the Army for over 25 years. I, personally, wouldn't join the Army because I think recruiters these days are too pushy.

deanac24 said:
My grandfather was in the Army for over 25 years. I, personally, wouldn't join the Army because I think recruiters these days are too pushy.
i respect your point of view but im soooo glad everyone doesnt feel the same as you,we need an army & the british army is one of the best in the world(i think anyway):D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back