Gillr49 re:- stickers

pappajohn

hi gill,
have a look at the sticky thread at the top in the travellers rest.
nowt new about stickers. ;) ;)

john.

Hi Pappajohn

Point taken, although I think Loathecliff could have a point about being discreet. Perhaps the general public would not know what wild camping was.
I have voted, there are some super designs.
;) ;) ;) ;)

hi gill,
while i agree what you say the point is so we can recognise fellow forum members at a glance without ever having met before.
those that would rather not be known would not "wear the badge" so to speak.
all this seems immaterial anyway as the debate seams to have come to a full stop and is fading away.
john.

stickers

i cannot see the harm in us having some thing on our vans for us all to recognise each other afterall we are not indulging in an iliegal activity we abide by all the codes of common decency dont cause any trouble to anyone we arnt drug dealers granny snatchers ecet even if we just put our user names on our vans if all fails we can always adopt the age old funny handshake a.k.a masons

hi mandrake'
dont you mean 'age old funny waves'
now there's an idea :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
john.

***** said:
The debate speaks (or maybe not) for it'self!
61 votes
108 replies
From 2245 members.
Oh dear!

i think i'm going to have to agree with you *****.
i'm just going to make a pennant to fly while at shows ect just to let people know where i am.

john.
ps... just noticed there are 2245 members but only 310 are active. many people join and maybe post one thread then disappear. this makes 1 in 8 have voted which is pretty dismal.

Last edited:
Don't be defeatist, big oaks etc and all that
If 108 of us had ID I bet others would be flocking to join.
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

maybe we should have something else that only wildcampers recognise...as some dont like the idea of stickers saying wildcamping so maybe a logo instead,personally it doesnt bother me but i do see the point of some members...i suppose it may depend on which part of the country you are..samm ;)

sammclouis said:
maybe we should have something else that only wildcampers recognise...as some dont like the idea of stickers saying wildcamping so maybe a logo instead,personally it doesnt bother me but i do see the point of some members...i suppose it may depend on which part of the country you are..samm ;)
i am just putting my user name on the over cab just under the compass drifter logo mabey this would be discreet enough these letters could be just the normal registration plate letters you can buy or you can go to a graphics shop that will make a personalised logo we have one again where i live may check out some prices like you say it would not bother me having a wild camping logo on my van but it is up to the individual the only people we may upset are the shall i say greedy campsite owners that want to charge silliy amounts like per person per dog per awning or any per thing they can think of for a piece of grass for the night any way gone on too long mabey lets have your veiws p.s still cannot get my head round these attatchments

mandrake said:
i am just putting my user name on the over cab just under the compass drifter logo mabey this would be discreet enough these letters could be just the normal registration plate letters you can buy or you can go to a graphics shop that will make a personalised logo we have one again where i live may check out some prices like you say it would not bother me having a wild camping logo on my van but it is up to the individual the only people we may upset are the shall i say greedy campsite owners that want to charge silliy amounts like per person per dog per awning or any per thing they can think of for a piece of grass for the night any way gone on too long mabey lets have your veiws p.s still cannot get my head round these attatchments
keep trying mate with the attachments mate,once you get the hang of it you will be chucking them out,if you want to attach your pics i use www.photobucket.com its free to use to host your pics..
i like the idea of a logo so jo public & mr campsite owner does not recognise us...good thinking,i would have no probs with that...lets get designing hhee hhee :D :D :D

!
723710edd7628d7a5ef0d0b5ef6792c3.gif

How bout something like this on your cassette door :D :D :D :D :D

mandrake said:
do you mean the silly campsite owners that charge £3 per night per dog and then rip you off for having an awning even though you get the same size pitch as anyone else and don't even provide dog poo bins we just been on one of them rip off sites and needless to say will not be returning we were on hardstandiing and it was a good 1.5 inches lower than the surrounding grass and had floode (i wonder why) so i couldn't use the damn awning anyway

exactly you hit the nail on the head there you never said about the toilet block or showers when i used to drag a box on wheels behind my car wont say the dreded C word we used to be dismayed at the majority of camp site toilets plus electric hook up points two items turned on and ops it went off try to find someone to reconect it ha keep on wilding it

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back