German Motorhome Garages/Dealers

Marchal

Hello, we are new members of "wildcamping" and have read through lots of your comments and advise with interest. There is certainly a lot of knowledge among your members.

We are just about to venture to Germany in the next week or so to hopefully purchase a second hand Hymer. Does anybody have any recommendations of towns where there are several garages who sell motorhomes and possibly any garages/dealers that you have used or have heard good things about. We have done the usual searching on the internet etc., but dont want to spend hours in our car speeding from one town to another if we can help it.

We much appreciate all the advice on the site about sorting out the paperwork etc in germany before we leave, and in the UK when we get back. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:
A warm welcome to the site, I am sure that there will be others more informed than I to give you the advice you are after.
I would be very interested to hear how you get on as I plan to travel to Germany to purchase a motorhome myself in the next few months, so any advice you can offer once you have bought your's would be greatly appreciated.

Good Luck on your travels ;)

German MH's & Dealers

Howgy Marchal
Never ever give them what they ask. Always bargain. You should be able to knock them down by €1000. If it is a cash deal, you can knock them down between €1500 to €2000. (Especially Dealers)
Remember:- When purchasing an MH, make sure you have your Passport. Fahrzeugbrief=Log Book, Autoversicherung=Insurance for bringing the MH from Germany to England, make sure the Insurance is less than month old Also TÜV (pronounced TUUF)=MOT. Bill of sale, very important. If there are number plates on the MH, take them off, you have to take them to the Zulassungsstelle=Registration Office.
At the Zulassungsstelle, pull a ticket number from a machine and wait for your number to appear on a screen.
If the MH is not deregistered, you have to de-register= Abmelden. Then re-register=Anmelden, MH in your name. No number plates, it is okay. Inform them you are exporting the MH to England, they will issue you with Temporary Plates for 15 days or 30 days, take the 15 days, saves you money. YOU MUST TAKE THE MH TO THE REGISTRY OFFICE.
The whole thing should come to around €39 approx: + €55 for plates approx: Prices may have increased since.
When all the paperwork is done, within the same building you can have the plates made up. After picking up your plates, go back and wait for your name to be called out. Produce your plates and reciepts for all payments. They will stick a circular label and return everything to you. Job done.
If you buy from a Dealer, he will do all the neccessary documentation. All you have to do is hand him your Passport. Make sure you get a receipt for your Passport. (See if you can include the price of Documention in the price of the MH, don't bank on it) He will fix export plates and have you covered for Insurance and breakdown for the period your plate is valid (15 days or 30 days. Take 15 days, as it is cheaper) Personally, I would buy from a Dealer, it saves you a lot of hassle at the end of the day.
Here are a couple of Dealers where you can look for what you want. Wohnmobile-Galerei GmbH. Burgviert 5-7, 254582 Hohenaspe. Tel: 04893 37333. Click on Google and type in
www.gebrauchtewohnmobile.de and you will get their website. You will find they have an English transalation. How to get there:- You will find instructions on their webste. Try this guy first, if you want more Dealers, place another post and I will see what I can do. If you have problems with the German language, I speak it fluently.
If I can help any further let me know. David

With the pound still dropping against the euro, buying in Germany is not looking so attractive as it once was.

AndyC

Howgy Marchal
Never ever give them what they ask. Always bargain. You should be able to knock them down by €1000. If it is a cash deal, you can knock them down between €1500 to €2000. (Especially Dealers)
Remember:- When purchasing an MH, make sure you have your Passport. Fahrzeugbrief=Log Book, Autoversicherung=Insurance for bringing the MH from Germany to England, make sure the Insurance is less than month old Also TÜV (pronounced TUUF)=MOT. Bill of sale, very important. If there are number plates on the MH, take them off, you have to take them to the Zulassungsstelle=Registration Office.
At the Zulassungsstelle, pull a ticket number from a machine and wait for your number to appear on a screen.
If the MH is not deregistered, you have to de-register= Abmelden. Then re-register=Anmelden, MH in your name. No number plates, it is okay. Inform them you are exporting the MH to England, they will issue you with Temporary Plates for 15 days or 30 days, take the 15 days, saves you money. YOU MUST TAKE THE MH TO THE REGISTRY OFFICE.
The whole thing should come to around €39 approx: + €55 for plates approx: Prices may have increased since.
When all the paperwork is done, within the same building you can have the plates made up. After picking up your plates, go back and wait for your name to be called out. Produce your plates and reciepts for all payments. They will stick a circular label and return everything to you. Job done.
If you buy from a Dealer, he will do all the neccessary documentation. All you have to do is hand him your Passport. Make sure you get a receipt for your Passport. (See if you can include the price of Documention in the price of the MH, don't bank on it) He will fix export plates and have you covered for Insurance and breakdown for the period your plate is valid (15 days or 30 days. Take 15 days, as it is cheaper) Personally, I would buy from a Dealer, it saves you a lot of hassle at the end of the day.
Here are a couple of Dealers where you can look for what you want. Wohnmobile-Galerei GmbH. Burgviert 5-7, 254582 Hohenaspe. Tel: 04893 37333. Click on Google and type in
www.gebrauchtewohnmobile.de and you will get their website. You will find they have an English transalation. How to get there:- You will find instructions on their webste. Try this guy first, if you want more Dealers, place another post and I will see what I can do. If you have problems with the German language, I speak it fluently.
If I can help any further let me know. David
if you choose to go there (hohenhaspe) speak to carsten he speaks very good english, you will no doubt be directed to him anyway

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back