Generator wanted

Geriatric Germ

I have an empty gas bottle hole in my Hymer (L 600 H 560 W 360 maximum) Would prefer one with electric start and LPG please

Are you planning to use the generator IN the gas locker?, if you are 36cm depth is not that much, I would get on google and get a few dimensions as I think you might need a bit of extra sound insulation, put it on rubber mounts to counteract the vibration and constant humming, the genny will still need to be kept cool so maybe a small fan in there too, at least the gas pipe should be close by but electric start is probably not available on a genny this small. A gasparini LPG powered 12volt genny would easily fit but it would cost about 2 grand. I think the smaller Kipor or Honda are about 25cm depth but you might find the locker door is curved so try for size before you buy as I guess its the dimensions of the locker floor that counts.

Last edited:
I have an ONAN 2.5 kw lpg generator and it would fit in that space, It also has electric start, so try a google search for ONAN generators, The exhaust fumes are vented out under the van.:D:D Good Luck. Their not cheap mind.:D:D

check these sites

:cool:Two good sites and may be the best prices all round are Planet() sel many make their own also and I heard recently have produced an electric start suitcase (generator). The other is Lawson who sell a wide range at the lowest prices i have found so far. I have a very old tiny Honda 4 stroke a 350 exe but I'm sure they are no longer made. quite quite it is good for battery charging, boostyer start or a bit of lighting-etc but that's about it's lot!....Minimum nowadays of any use is 900 output with 100o max output. SDMO ( French made and very popular there are well prices but I think Planet me be as good if not betterand it's British so good after sales and backup from source (2 sites-one general genny sales, t'other for their own genny!:).

I have an ONAN 2.5 kw lpg generator and it would fit in that space, It also has electric start, so try a google search for ONAN generators, The exhaust fumes are vented out under the van.:D:D Good Luck. Their not cheap mind.:D:D

A man of much money,wouldnt mind taking a butchers at that if i see you this year big bloke,its something i will be investing in.;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back