Gas tap wanted

trevskoda

Folks i am looking a gas tank outlet valve like this of any scrap underbody gas or liquid tank,pm me
gas tank shut of valve..png
under gas tank.png

Last edited:
Any good?
Yes they dont post to N I ,just found one that does,many thanks will have a look.

I bought mine from here

View attachment 74714
Cheers but i have the argon one ordered from china 8 bucks,i will book mark this one just in case,cannot see any differance between argon and lpg as pressure will be same and threads are l hand. (y)
gas valve for me.png

Cheers but i have the argon one ordered from china 8 bucks,i will book mark this one just in case,cannot see any differance between argon and lpg as pressure will be same and threads are l hand. (y)View attachment 74715
The LPG shop is 30 minutes from me and gives me a discount if I pay cashand no receipt, about the equivalent of VAT😉😉😉

One has been ordered from china,forgot about hamiltons in bangor co down.
If part i ordered i will see them,cheers all.

Ok tap landed but it dont fit,anyway i have contacted a lpg shop here and they say it wont work as the liq tank will only push about 1/3 if lucky against the top tank even thought it will be empty,a pump would be required,so i in fact should have had a gas take of tank and coupled to outlet of top tank,back to the drawing board.

I'm not convinced that it won't work at all
The liquid on the link is bound to evaporate if you allow gas out of the bottle.
If gas flows out faster than it can evaporate at the bottle inlet them the pressure will drop and the tank pressure will push liquid through.
However they could well be right that you'll never get a significant volume of liquid in the bottle - which defeats the object.

So you will need a new gas take off tank?
And then link the gas outlets and run together without a lot of indication of how much you have or a change over valve with tank used first so the bottle will "count you down"?

My sympathies are with you as it seemed like a neat idea.

How about removeing a tap from a calor bottle
Irish calor bottles here dont have a tap,its a clip over regulator.
What i may be able to do is heat and bent the internal pick up pipe from bottom of tank to the top so it will be lifting gas,what the co told me is for liquied to flow the tank must be above,so gas it has to be.

Attachments

• calor bottle.png
    calor bottle.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 96

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back