Gas level indicator

GARY ENGLISH

Has any body tried the magnetic strip indicators.For only nine pounds if they work,could use easlly on other bottles in garage as well.

I have one but unfortunatley I haven't seen it working yet, as the gas and an appliance have to be turned on for a few minutes for it to give a reading. What with me being a lazy so and so I haven't bothered to turn anything on yet to test it.:eek:

I bought one a while ago but I can never tell what the reading is. Probably me just being thick but I haven't found it much use.

Graham

GARY ENGLISH said:
Has any body tried the magnetic strip indicators.For only nine pounds if they work,could use easlly on other bottles in garage as well.
Nine pounds that seems a lot of money for a plastic strip i am sure i only paid a few pounds for the one i got from my local caravan shop, i gave it away to my mate and bought a regulator with a good gauge on it, and easy to see.
I know one problem is a lot of people forget to remove the plastic ones when replacing the gas bottle, i paid about 25 pound for the one with the guage on.:eek:

Heavy wait...

Nowt wrong with picking up the bottle, shaking it and judging the weight from experience! ;)..... And carrying a spare bottle.

virgil said:
Nowt wrong with picking up the bottle, shaking it and judging the weight from experience! ;)..... And carrying a spare bottle.
I think you're probably right. Trouble is we only got our van in June last year so still building up the necessary experience :) We do always carry a spare bottle - one of the factors in deciding on the right van for us was that it had a gas locker with room for two cylinders.

Graham

Gas Bottles

I always have two connected to a dual regulator in my gas locker. One runs out, turn on the next and turn the empty off. I carry a third full bottle as an extra spare. 3 x 11.5 kg's. Sees me through until its time to head home. Roll on April!!!!

Hi,

Trevor is right about leaving plastic idicators on the old cylinder when it's changed. Thats what I did, but I wasn't too worried because, like others on this thread, I couldn't tell what the level was anyway.

Mick H.

With everyone leaving their plastic "thingies" on the bottles, has anyone had a bottle come with one fitted or would Calor remove them prior to filling?

virgil said:
With everyone leaving their plastic "thingies" on the bottles, has anyone had a bottle come with one fitted or would Calor remove them prior to filling?
I should think there is a good chance that they would fall off as the cylinders were moved around.

Graham

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back