Garmin slow traffic warming

cold

Hi. Probably been posted before but I've owned different garmins for many years and they've always showed slow or stopped traffic up ahead till the last couple of years. Now nothing. Is there a setting I'm missing or does tom-tom do this better.
No biggie just annoying
Thanks

Do you mean it shows on the map or that it gives you a message on screen? My Camper 770 gives me a message if there's a delay on the current route, and estimates how many minutes - but I think it relies on being linked to a smartphone and uses the data connection on that. If it's capable of showing traffic on the map I don't know how to set it up for that - perhaps it's a subscription service?

No it's a camper 760 with antenna wire and works on local traffic service and GPS. Or it used to. Just wondering if the service works on tom-tom

No it's a camper 760 with antenna wire and works on local traffic service and GPS. Or it used to. Just wondering if the service works on tom-tom
Yes it works on tomtom although the latest Tom Tom has to be connected via blue tooth to make it work,
Maybe garmin have gone the same way

Thanks Richard Helen
Haven't seen anything via garmin site but I'll have to look into that.

Yes it works on tomtom although the latest Tom Tom has to be connected via blue tooth to make it work,
Maybe garmin have gone the same way
Our Garmin 770 Camper is connected to the phone by bluetooth and gives me messages as Bartman said. It does have the plug with the "traffic master" in it, but our socket is too low down to get reliable signal to the GPS.

Google maps does it all fro nothing and you can add problems when you come across them such as road closed etc,

Thanks all. Just seems strange it's worked fine for years then stops with no heads up from garmin

Google maps does it all fro nothing and you can add problems when you come across them such as road closed etc,
Which is OK if it really was for nothing. But you have to have a constant data stream, which is OK for us with our wealth, but not so good if you are limited or paying for roaming. Google also doesn't have the ability to input vehicle size and route avoiding low bridges, weight limits or many of the other things a dedicated sat nav has. Given that you can get a 760 Camper for under £80 on eBay, it is a no brainer, with lifetime updates.

Thanks all. Just seems strange it's worked fine for years then stops with no heads up from garmin
The system relies on traffic information being broadcast on FM as a data feed by certain networks.

It's a very old system which I expect has been turned off.

The traffic information available using internet connected apps is much more reliable and much quicker to update. It is based on analysis of the huge population of mobile phones in use in vehicles and consequently is highly accurate.

I’ve a Tomtom camper and it has what they call live updates and it reroutes me before I get to a traffic jam I know this because I often argue with it when I think it’s taking me the wrong way until I have to pull up behind standing traffic 😂 because I thought I knew best
I have a Tomtom Truck which re-routes me as well, I swear at it telling it that I know the route better than it does, then swear a bit more when 5 minutes later I am stuck in traffic so I know exactly how you feel:(

The system relies on traffic information being broadcast on FM as a data feed by certain networks.

It's a very old system which I expect has been turned off.

The traffic information available using internet connected apps is much more reliable and much quicker to update. It is based on analysis of the huge population of mobile phones in use in vehicles and consequently is highly accurate.

I use Waze when out on my motorcycle, hold ups are updated by the users themselves and it works very well.

I use Waze when out on my motorcycle, hold ups are updated by the users themselves and it works very well.
Google owns Waze, I think they bought it to get the traffic update side of Google maps, tried Waze but find it awful to use.

What I don't get with Google maps is, it has all these people going around videoing or taking a massive amount of pictures but they get the speed limits wrong, yesterday when driving to Leeds on main roads it told me I was in a 20 zone three times, and that was only when I looked at the screen, I also have velociraptor on screen at the same time they don't always agree, I've driven in 30 zones and they have been at 40 & 50.

Google have it all recorded so why can't they at least get that right, I appreciate limits do change and roadworks can alter them too, but it is consistently wrong and misleading, this was especially so on the France etc trip.

Google owns Waze, I think they bought it to get the traffic update side of Google maps, tried Waze but find it awful to use.

What I don't get with Google maps is, it has all these people going around videoing or taking a massive amount of pictures but they get the speed limits wrong, yesterday when driving to Leeds on main roads it told me I was in a 20 zone three times, and that was only when I looked at the screen, I also have velociraptor on screen at the same time they don't always agree, I've driven in 30 zones and they have been at 40 & 50.

Google have it all recorded so why can't they at least get that right, I appreciate limits do change and roadworks can alter them too, but it is consistently wrong and misleading, this was especially so on the France etc trip.

What don't you like about Waze Kev?

I find it really good.

I don't recall Rob it's a while since I binned it.

Probably because it's not as detailed as a lot of Satnavs Kev.

I like that though I just want something to glance at to see where I have to turn next and keep my eyes on the road. I only use it on the bike though, I have a Garmin for the car and Van.

Probably because it's not as detailed as a lot of Satnavs Kev.

I like that though I just want something to glance at to see where I have to turn next and keep my eyes on the road. I only use it on the bike though, I have a Garmin for the car and Van.
Yes may have been, I like detail in the say nag, it avoids Confucius.

He say, man with hole in pocket, feel cocky all day.

Back