Garmin GPS - Europe Update?

FlyingKiwi

I have a Garmin nuvi 660 GPS, and have been advised there is an update available for City Navigator Europe. Has anyone out there installed this update, and if so, is it worth it? I will only be using the GPS in the UK for a month before heading back to the Antipodes, so I was just wondering...

I have a Garmin nuvi 660 GPS, and have been advised there is an update available for City Navigator Europe. Has anyone out there installed this update, and if so, is it worth it? I will only be using the GPS in the UK for a month before heading back to the Antipodes, so I was just wondering...
This site may be of some help to you, and you only pay for speed cameras so its free to join.:)
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/index.php

I have a Garmin nuvi 660 GPS, and have been advised there is an update available for City Navigator Europe.
Hi FlyingKiwi,
I can't see it being of any use unless you plan to go into the city's in Europe:)

The nuvi 660 is now 2 years old the first batch come with version 8 maps and the newest batch comes with version 9 ive just sent to garmin and they sent me the new version 10 maps (Map update 2008 city navigator europe) free of charge you will have to goto the garmin site and ask for them you will need your serial number, purchase date and the unlock code that comes in the box mine was over 12months old and they still sent them free of charge to buy it off them its $200 from garmin.

You can goto garmin website and use webupdate for free updates but these dont cover updated maps also download poiloader and goto the website trevor has put up pocketgps and get the latest poi including speed camera updates but there is a fee of £19 per year they have scapped the £2 a month updates.

i've got the garmin 300 ,just britian and eire, u just go on to the garmin site for updates if u need any..

Thanks guys; I don't think I'll need the update as I'll only be in the UK, mainly in Scotland. Plus, working in the Middle East, the update CD probably wouldn't get to me in time, the way the postal system is here.
BTW, one great thing about the nuvi 660 FM is I can slot a 2GB memory card in full of music, the GPS has a FM transmitter built in - just tune the car radio to it - instant MP3 player...

does anybody know were u get garmin points of intrest,like the national trust site's etc.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back