Frozen up Brrrrh

roland rat

Iwas preparing to go on a rally recently and filled up with water, closed off the taps, turned on the pump then opened a tap to bleed the water through, well it happend didnt it, the water system was all frozen up even after previously draining all the system off so I put the gas heater on and a domestic 3kw blow heater on as well. Sometime later I tried the pump but still no luck so I drained the system off again and refilled the water tank with hot water, I left it for a short while then turned the pump on again and opened a tap and it happened, the sound of running water was like music in my ears. I think that there must have been a small amount of water in the tank near the uptake pipe that had frozen and the pump couldn't pull the water through. I then drained the system off again and put cold water in and everything worked fine. If anyone has a similar problem in future then consider what I did.

Me too, we keep a small oil rad in the M/H, just keeps the chill off, if the temp is below 4 c I have it on. Its been like ice station zebra this week up in sunny Durham.

Tom

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back