front seats

martyb

Hello again all,sorry to keep bothering you.

I am also interested in fitting newer/better seats to my talbot,any suggestions on where and what type would suit from a more modern vehicle?

Thanks once more

martin

Front seats

Are you going to change the base over,or just want some to bolt back on the base.Good buys from salvage yards ,get a nice pair off hjgh back recliners.

Are you going to change the base over,or just want some to bolt back on the base.Good buys from salvage yards ,get a nice pair off hjgh back recliners.

Hi, I would like to get the swivel seats,but not really practical so will be looking just to bolt new seats on to the existing base.

Hi, I would like to get the swivel seats,but not really practical so will be looking just to bolt new seats on to the existing base.

hi gary, i'm not familiar to the talbot cab layout but why do you feel swivel seats are not practical?
:)

hi gary, i'm not familiar to the talbot cab layout but why do you feel swivel seats are not practical?
:)

Hi,Just because of the bed layout,the back of the beds rest up against the back of the seats.

Hi Martin, we have a Fiat Ducato, 1992, :rolleyes: and swapped our front seats :) for a pair of immaculate leather ones :D from a Ford Cosworth Scorpio!! :cool: :cool: We found this in a local scrapyard and paid him £60! :D :D :cool: :D :D
JIM!!

Hi Martin, we have a Fiat Ducato, 1992, and swapped our front seats :) for a pair of immaculate leather ones :D from a Ford Cosworth Scorpio!! We found this in a local scrapyard and paid him £60! :D :D
JIM!!

Get You Jimm:p with your leather Cozzy seats:eek::D, bet you wish you had that Cozzy engine fitted:rolleyes::cool:

Bl**dy right, Lenny!!................I would still have to run it on LPG though!! :cool: :cool:

JIM!!

Got it all wrong and hit the key twice.............sorry!!!

Last edited:
Hi Martin, we have a Fiat Ducato, 1992, :rolleyes: and swapped our front seats :) for a pair of immaculate leather ones :D from a Ford Cosworth Scorpio!! :cool: :cool: We found this in a local scrapyard and paid him £60! :D :D :cool: :D :D
JIM!!

Cool! Thanks for your reply,did the fit easy enough or did you have to make up new runners etc? thanks again

Martin

Hi Martin, we have swivels on both front seats, with the runners bolted on the top plate. :confused: They were quite easy to fit using some angle brackets from B&Q and some spacers to make them match up!! :rolleyes: With a bit of Jiggery Pokery :eek: they fitted OK! :) They have been in place now for 18 months, 19000 mls and have never needed retightening or anything else. They have also survived two MOTs!:eek: They are so much better on the back & bum than the originals, so, all told, well chuffed with them. :D :D :D
JIM!!

Hello again all,sorry to keep bothering you.

I am also interested in fitting newer/better seats to my talbot,any suggestions on where and what type would suit from a more modern vehicle?

Thanks once more

martin

Hi, I put a pair of Renault Espace seats in mine, they recline, slide back & forward, have an armrest each, and also, built in swivels,(you dont have to use the swivel).Got them off Ebay for about £80.
I think Ford Galaxy are very similar.
Cheers, Pete

Hi, I put a pair of Renault Espace seats in mine, they recline, slide back & forward, have an armrest each, and also, built in swivels,(you dont have to use the swivel).Got them off Ebay for about £80.
I think Ford Galaxy are very similar.
Cheers, Pete

Hi thanks for your replies, May i ask what vehicle you fitted your seats to?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back