Front indicator 'stalk' missing cover

UFO

Not sure what the correct name for this is

Capture.JPG

Just noticed the clear plastic near-side cover is missing. The one on the off-side came off in my hand with no pressure, so I suspect the missing one came off with a minor brush with vegetation. When I put them back on it will be with a dab of sealant/adhesive.

I need to buy a replacement cover. Any advice reagarding the correct name for it or where I can find a replacement cover appreciated. It's for a 2006 Chausson Allegro 83.

It looks like they are called 'side indicator extensions'. The one that is not missing it has the following on it -

SIDLER
E1 (inside a circle)
RENAULT
>PMMA
WY5W

Have tried seraching for variations of the above to no avail.

I had same problem with mine kept dropping down in end took both off and fitted thinner ones no
problem with MOT and only £7-50p the pair on ebay great

Reactions: UFO
If i`m understanding your post correctly and it`s just the clear plastic lens then these maybe the ones ?

I might go with the standard van version Graham posted above and lose the sticky out problem forever.

Not sure what the correct name for this is

View attachment 133898

Just noticed the clear plastic near-side cover is missing. The one on the off-side came off in my hand with no pressure, so I suspect the missing one came off with a minor brush with vegetation. When I put them back on it will be with a dab of sealant/adhesive.

I need to buy a replacement cover. Any advice reagarding the correct name for it or where I can find a replacement cover appreciated. It's for a 2006 Chausson Allegro 83.
Have you tried Side Indicator repeater ?

Get the door mirror with the indicators fitted . Sprinter has similar. They look bigger .

Any box van will have them podiums.

Yes, the solution I would have gone for would have been to get rid of the extenders and fit flush side indicator repeaters. But daughter and family were about to depart for an extended trip to Europe and beyond. So I made a replacement, from a bycycle reflector, and fixed this and the other one on with sealant / adhesive (Hodgsons HS30), self-amalgamating tape and vinyl insulating tape. Will be a bit of a pain if a bulb needs replacing but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, but they should stay on.

The parts department at the local Renault dealer were a waste of time even saying that the part numbers I gave them were not Renault ones despite the lens having RENAULT embossed on it.

Attachments

• Lens.JPG
    Lens.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 15
Do as DHL. Only turn left. Lol

If it broke today, when and if stopped you have 7 or 14 days to repair.

Do as DHL. Only turn left. Lol

If it broke today, when and if stopped you have 7 or 14 days to repair.

I got a prohibition notice served on my Sprinter Jeff for having one of my indicator repeaters smashed by another van and I was not allowed to continue my journey until it was fixed, right in the middle of London as well!

Back