Fridge problems aaahh

JAYGURNEY

Hi guys, i have a 3 way fridge. when i try to light the gas it wont light when i hold in the button with the large flame, then when i put it back to zero and press the ignitor it seems to light the gas thats left in the chamber but immediately goes out?? anyone know whats going on.... as well as that, when i put it to the 240v setting the green light lights up but as soon as i turn the temp setting it trips the fusebox.....im really pulling my hair out. the fridge is an electrolux rm4209...any help would be really appreciated campers...thanks.

Hi
Sounds like it needs a service, the gas jet and thermo-coupler need regular maintenance. Once a year is best but certainly every couple. You can try dismatling the the jet etc from the rear. Don't be tempted to poke anything in the jet hole as this will damage it. Spare parts can be bought from here.
caravan accessories,motorhome accessories,trailer accessories,trailer parts,caravan parts,motorhome parts,caravanning equipment, uk

The eletric is odd I'm sure someone will come along who has had a similar problem, I could guess at the element being blown but might be well wrong :D :D

Last edited:
Looks very much like the thermocouple is u/s, make sure it is sitting in the pilot light first, it may have moved.

Peter

thanks so far guys, id really like the fridge working off the electric, but im going to give it a good clean and see if the gas fires up..

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back