Fridge on gas?

Tigatigatiger

We have a AES fridge so it self selects it's power source.

Well if it's on 240volt it also lets you know if there is a problem with the gas system-a red LED flashes. So we knew we had a problem with the gas system, but we were on mostly CL's last week so had 240 hookup-so we were fine. We popped home to take one of our dogs to the vets and than off again-this time without any hookups.

Well as it happens the MH door was open and pushed back into the catch thingy, this covers the fridge vents a little-the fridge worked fine on gas! But when we closed to door it went off? Is it okay to fit the winter covers to the fridge vent in summer? I'm sure I have read about a problem with some of these fridges?? It's an electrolux one, fitted to a 2004 coachbuilt Hymer.

Thankyou in advance. Off again as soon as the dog has had his infected tooth out, and is okay.

It would be OK in the short term except you may not get the cooling performance you'd expect. Probably best to get the fridge serviced to solve the gas problem.

Cheers for that Firefox, I do plan to get it serviced ASAP, but as an interrim measure just needed to know it was okay to do.

Away more than I am home, and do like a cool glass of wine or two on an evening.

it could be that air is getting into the gas pipes
may be a faulty regulator or a slightly loose connection on one of the service pipes

I'd be inclined to have a look for a gas/12V interlock for the open door. Plenty of vans have them if an exhaust (fridge/heater) is located under a window - if the window is opened the appliance turns off to prevent fumes entering the van. Maybe this is something in reverse - door has to be open to light the fridge?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back