Freshwater West up the hill from - LR Freshwater West (B4319) (Pembrokeshire)

Austin J2

Years ago we stayed at Freshwater west just up the hill in a pull in overlooking the dunes. There is a sign in the car park in red, but i can't zoom in on street view enough to read what it says. Has anyone been there recently? can we still park here overnight or is it a no go?

Signs everywhere last time we were there. The NT have their own campsite now so they've clamped down.
Last time we stopped there on our way home about a year ago & there were no vans in the car park by the loos but there were about 4 parked on the road.
We crossed it off our list.😢

Signs everywhere last time we were there. The NT have their own campsite now so they've clamped down.
Last time we stopped there on our way home about a year ago & there were no vans in the car park by the loos but there were about 4 parked on the road.
We crossed it off our list.😢
Thank you for your reply, that is such a shame it was a beautiful spot. I expect that campsite will be expensive too. This country will not be satisfied until it's extracted and squeeze every last penny out of you. Absolutely gutted 😢

Just checked the website and campsite is fully booked and couldn't find any prices. I'm not surprised it's fully booked. Just have to find somewhere else as equally as beautiful.

Last edited:
Coincidentally Channa started a thread today with a piece from a Pembrokeshire paper about it. It's a real shame, we spent a few happy times there, it had a great vibe, but now there is only a small layby up the hill available, so we have stopped going.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back