French Toll Booth free motorways have started

GMJ

These are starting on northern France...

However...

"Sanef told The Connexion that it expected to be able to process foreign number plates, but said it was unsure exactly how this would work in terms of sending fines to the homes of UK drivers due to limits on the sharing of driver information since ******."

But on this site it says (you may need to sign up for free to read)...

"For motorists with vehicles from non-EU countries, including the UK, he said "Sanef will pass through debt collection agencies in those countries and we will follow their local rules for this."

So I'd be interested to hear when any (UK) folks use this and if they get charged.

These are starting on northern France...

However...

"Sanef told The Connexion that it expected to be able to process foreign number plates, but said it was unsure exactly how this would work in terms of sending fines to the homes of UK drivers due to limits on the sharing of driver information since ******."

But on this site it says (you may need to sign up for free to read)...

"For motorists with vehicles from non-EU countries, including the UK, he said "Sanef will pass through debt collection agencies in those countries and we will follow their local rules for this."

So I'd be interested to hear when any (UK) folks use this and if they get charged.
If you click the link you’re presented with a ‘ad’ for the local which you cann’t delete from your screen despite having to agree to cookies so unable to read the article.

It had a small x in the top right corner of mine from memory, when I did it. Failing that I joined anyway as it's free and I thought it may provide some interesting info (like the article I have linked to) as we travel in/through France so often.

The gist of what they are saying vis fines, is in the quote I put in underneath it anyway. :)

We travelled on a French motorway last year with no booths it just read out ATMB tag as usual the A79 between Moulins & Digoin. We didn't pay much attention but seem to remember signs saying you can pay via the internet or at terminals at service stations

Are you saying that you have a tag? Did it appear on your bill?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back