french alp trip

jda

intending to visit this area in summer 2011. Have visited on bike and Renault Espace but can anyone advise re limits with Burstner t 680 (6.8m long)?

No real restrictions....

Me thinks you will get pretty much most places....:D

Alps

Saw stage nine tour de france in the alps (col de madalane) in a 7 meter pilote
no problem

enjoy

hello there just got back a few weeks ago from the alps ? went in my bessacarr 625 think its around the same lenth no problems ? and also the tolls wasnt that expensive ? but the veiws off the toll roads were great , try to go through aneccy ? OMG OMG absalutly worth a look also use the supermarkets for fuel even if ye have half a tank when you see cheap fuel ? fill up , cause the nearer you get to the alps the fuel got a lot more expensive ? hope this helps anything you want to know get in touch while its still fresh in my head cause it wont last much longer haha DOGMANLPOOL

Alps

We spent 3 weeks in the French alps this year in our 7 metre van, no problems.
Can reccomend the Free Aire at Annecy- beside the lake maximum 24hr stay with water and disposal, if you cross the road and walk along the lake towards towm there is a public wc- spotless.
We also went up to Alp- Duez where the hill climb is, there is an Aires there 10.50 euro a night with Wc, water- disposal you need to pay with your credit card or voucher from the tourist board would reccomend this one.
We also used the aire at Le Saises 8 euro a night wc close by and Flot bluer right in the village lovely sunny spot.
Hope this helps
Have a great trip
Sue
:cool:

hello vera ? you was probly on that aire in anneccy when we tried to get on there it was full ? so we carried on for a bit and stopped on an aire by a carrafour and a town ? dnt no what it was called as it was late when we got there and early when we left but anneccy is well worth the visit , said it is on are list of places to stop this summer and maybe have a swim in the lake haha DOGMANLPOOL

Alps

Hi- DOGMANPOOL

No not there when it was full,when we stayed at Annecy, on our way to and from the Alps it had spaces both times.
We did see Motorhomes parked overnight in the Pay and Display carparks so maybe they are relaxed out of season.

Sue

alps

hello sue (vera)
there was 1 space left when we got there and with there bein 5 of us in motorhomes we had to carry on ? but would of loved to wake up to nice veiw of aneccey cause it was dark when we driven through it ? it was only that we left early from val thorens that we got to see it and some lovly little cake shops haha thanks DOGMANLPOOL

thanks everyone

thanks for comments - will be going out on june 26 to july 8 and hope to see some of the mtb transalp race

Hello,
I live in the French Alps, just up in the mountains from Evian, You can wild camp everywhere up here. Annecy is a really nice place and go to the far side of the lake plenty of places to camp. Also try the Route de Grande alps really stunning scenery.

I live in a place called La Chapelle Abondance and we have at least 2 places to park here free, if you manage to get up here mail me.

I would also suggest Aix Le Bain very pretty. Just look them up on google.

We drive back to the UK a few times a year and have found coming on the A roads less expensive, we go through Bessason.

Have a wonderful time.

If you need more info mail me.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back