Free attractions visits in September in Wales

Seldom do we get anything free, im of to Lalahide castle saterday, £40 for us to se inside the building, fantastic gardens mind you.
m castle b.jpg
m castle a.jpg
m castle c.jpg
m castle e.jpg
m castle f.jpg
m castle g.jpg
m castle i.jpg
m castle j.jpg
m castle h.jpg

£40 and they couldn’t even be bothered to roll the rug out properly in that 4th picture! You wuz robbed 😜🤣😉

Mausoleums to the British landed gentry and their so-called hey day. They were constructed by proper artisans though (who in all probability were never paid what their skills and time were truly worth) 🪦

Last edited:
£40 and they couldn’t even be bothered to roll the rug out properly in that 4th picture! You wuz robbed 😜🤣😉

Mausoleums to the British landed gentry and their so-called hey day. They were constructed by proper artisans though (who in all probability were never paid what their skills and time were truly worth) 🪦
Well said Sister :)

Be aware that free entry is not for the whole of September but just one or two days over a weekend and not all sites are included.

We have just returned from an overnight in Tintern Abbey/Anchor Inn car park (recommended BTW) but Tintern is not included. Too much of a money spinner for them, I guess.

I really enjoyed our visit to Wales this year.
We travelled around the coast and the people were great.
Next time we will see inland.
Don't miss the Laburnum Arch at Bodnant Garden. An incredible sight.
In flower towards the end of May and the beginning of June,

CADW is the cheapest of the three similar organisations so being members we get entry into English Heritage etc as well
Currently we are just outside Narberth on our usual round Wales trip home from the big picnic, and might go to Manorbier today.
We visited Castle Coch earlier this week which is fantastic, yesterday the weather in Tenby was lovely compared to the horrid hot humidity of the previous few days!

Raining so change of plan gone to Picton Castle instead, Gardens are stunning and with the exception of my favourite Bodnant, puts a lot of the more expensive National Trust gardens to shame, Hidcote last week was particularly disappointing,

Reactions: GMJ
Back