France

Gemmie

Stupid question but has anyone been or is anyone in France? Just wanted to know how french are towards motorhomers at this time.

I don’t think you will have any problems at all. Motorhomers are welcome everywhere, some have been to France and all returned without meeting any hostility.
We live in France, we’ve been out in ours and met dozens of others travelling about. All camping car aires are open as are most campsites.

I've been down to lle de re only seen 3 uk reg plates I'm in le treport now on the bottom aire it's full there was 8 queuing yesterday took them 4 hours to get in and must be 25 motorhomes just parked on the street all the sites are full

Room at Annecy. I think this weekend has been a special holiday weekend for the French?
Chuckling aloud, the french need no excuse to celebrate the day of this that or the other ! One November afternoon in st genies de fontdit where I lived near beziers I learnt how to do a proper onion soup ....delicious

Just came back from the limousine area and no problems. Took 15 mins to fill in the form to come back and no one asked to see it or even asked. Back out again in about three weeks.

Agr
Chuckling aloud, the french need no excuse to celebrate the day of this that or the other ! One November afternoon in st genies de fontdit where I lived near beziers I learnt how to do a proper onion soup ....delicious
Agreed, it was an Aire owner who said this weekend was special and there would be more availability after Monday. Do the French have bank Holidays or red days?

Agr

Agreed, it was an Aire owner who said this weekend was special and there would be more availability after Monday. Do the French have bank Holidays or red days?
Bastille day tomorrow, so could be part of that, they so celebrate lots of saints days ...all requiring little excuse

Agr

The French love a bank holiday, and if the holiday falls on a Tuesday or Thursday, they generally take a Pont or bridge day that links the bank holiday to the weekend
Bank holidays ( jour férié) for 2020.
Jan 01: New Year's Day
Apr 10: Good Friday
Apr 13: Easter Monday
May 01: Labour Day
May 08: V-E Day
May 21: Ascension Day
Jun 01: Whit Monday
Jun 07: Mother's Day
Jun 21: Father's Day
Jul 14: Bastille Day
Aug 15: Assumption Day
Nov 01: All Saints' Day
Nov 11: Armistice Day
Dec 25: Christmas Day
Dec 26: St. Stephen's Day

Room at Annecy. I think this weekend has been a special holiday weekend for the French?
We where there for Bastille Day fireworks an the aire was full right out to the entrance the middle all parked up no way out for those in the back. Brilliant display well worth going for that alone

Stupid question but has anyone been or is anyone in France? Just wanted to know how french are towards motorhomers at this time.
Welcome to the forum. Can it be the Gemmie I remember?

If so, then it's good to see you here. (y)

Any recomendations gratefully received. We like lakes rivers countryside villages and small towns. Seen enough churches for this lifetime!
Le port de limeuil in the dordogne, Bergerac worth a wander too aire by the river, Monbazillac famous for its wine and chateau great private aire their domaine des lands ran by a family. Just ensure you have an anadin the degustation pour le camping charistas is an experience and lovely people

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back