Ford 2.5 Diesel/Turbo

Benbowto

Would appreciate remarks and opinions re. quality, reliability and anything else a new owner should know about the above.

We've recently bought a MH with a 2.5TD ford chassis, and though we needed a new gear box immediately, since then it has performed very well and touch wood been very reliable. It is a noisy typically diesal drive but for us that is not a problem. And if there is a problem it is by all accounts very easy to get new engine parts. Took us just 2 days to geta re conditioned gear box fitted and back on the road, and that was in a sleepy corner of Spain where we live.

I can't complain about mine, mines non turbo so doesn't have as much umph as the turbo'ed model, but it'll chug away all day without any worries, gearboxes can be a little clunky on high milers, but like Indalo Man said parts are cheap and easy to come by, can even pick up a complete engine and gearbox for less the £150

i have 2 ldvs withtransit 2.5 engines in them and they bomb proof and very easy to work on. the parts as said are cheap too,can't go wrong:)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back